• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Awarded Love Field Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone catch Sir Richards commercial where he calls VA "HIS" airline. Anyone see any problem with that? Hint hint.....

Actually Scarlet, those prices are just the beginning! First Class is selling out like hotcakes (at high ticket prices) and the prices will be healthy for both airlines. Of course, SWA won't be able to compete with our level of service, but its all good.

Competition is good for all, right? ;)

How long will they last running a loss everyday?

49.00 fares to SFO/LAX/ORD//MDW/DCA/New York? From AA, United, SWA, Spirit?

Where is Legend?

You just went on the Virgin website and saw the $49 fare on the front page and assumed it was for DAL? No, that was a special fare for LAX-LAS. The cheapest DAL started at was $79 and those sold out. Try searching the prices now for Oct-Dec out of DAL.

And why is American involved at all again?

Something doesn't sound right.

Because AA has long-term leases on those two gates from the city of Dallas, and the DOJ says that to meet the terms of divesture, AA can sublease the two gates out to VX. Contractually speaking, there isn't much the city of Dallas can do to stop a sublease because that's already a contractual provision they signed with AA's lease agreement. The initial denial was because AA tried to just transfer the lease agreement in its entirety. But now that the DOJ has stated AA can sublease to VX and still be in compliance with the DOJ divesture requirements, the city doesn't really have much legal grounds to deny it.

And that's not a true divesture is it?

AA picking who they sub-lease to? Give me a break. AA should be completely gone at Love, but in one last 'stick it to SW', they get together with a former AA executive to help each other out. See the idiocy?

I'm not worried about VA at Love because in the end, I don't think they will do very well. SW will undercut their price on every departure to every city, every day. One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to watch.

AA picking who they sub-lease to? Give me a break. AA should be completely gone at Love, but in one last 'stick it to SW', they get together with a former AA executive to help each other out. See the idiocy?

I'm not worried about VA at Love because in the end, I don't think they will do very well. SW will undercut their price on every departure to every city, every day. One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to watch.

The sublease to VX for the two gate is through 2028. According to the DOJ this sublease satisfies their goals of divestures and opening competition to the LCCs. Sorry, but SWA is not a LCC anymore.

Will be a bit of a shock to your financial system, considering SWA's average fares out of DAL have risen 37% in the last 6 yrs.

Actually Scarlet, those prices are just the beginning! First Class is selling out like hotcakes (at high ticket prices) and the prices will be healthy for both airlines. Of course, SWA won't be able to compete with our level of service, but its all good.

Competition is good for all, right? ;)
Yes, competition is good. So when will your airline turn a profit without the need for cash inflows from brother Richard?

Like I said, it won't be a big deal for SW.

Buck,

You might want to do a little more homework. SW is already lower than VA prices out of DFW. For SW to lower it even more will create an even more stark contrast. Throw in some extra FF miles on those legs and you get the picture.

Up 37% in 6 years? You mean like the price of oil?

Like I said, it won't be a big deal for SW.

Buck,

You might want to do a little more homework. SW is already lower than VA prices out of DFW. For SW to lower it even more will create an even more stark contrast. Throw in some extra FF miles on those legs and you get the picture.

Up 37% in 6 years? You mean like the price of oil?

That's when you throw in the two checked bags and the change ticket fee? Pretty unfair comparison. Just because those things are free at SWA doesn't mean everyone checks in two bags and changes their tickets every time.

Why doesn't SWA have any schedules published for Love Field to DCA/LGA? It would be nice to see exactly what they are proposing. In fact SWA doesn't even have their flight schedules available for booking beyond Oct 31st. Is this common? Most airlines can go out 10-11 months in advance.

Latest resources

Back