• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We started with one guy and his airplane as opposed to a rich foreign investor buying a bunch of airplanes and hiring pilots selfishly willing to work for substandard wages.

Can`t you just answer a simple question?How many years did it take Alaska to organize?

Say Again,I didn`t hear you.

Why does anyone respond to Mr Fubi. He is obviously the smallest tool in the too belt. Im guessing....under 5'10...and a tiny bit of compensation going on. Maybe hes just jealous of something over there..but either way something is going on cause he always seems to spin most of his posts towards your co. He probably puts a nice smile on his face when these guys and gals ride in his JS.... as he talks smack on FI ....hmm...Lets all gues what his next post will look like.

Fubi spews garbage about other airlines as well. He is just a troll with no real hobbies. Makes him feel good about himself. Irony is that while he trash talks other airlines, he wants us to all be union for the sake of being unionized. If all airlines are Alpa, there should only be support and no hatred. He hates even the unionized ones that don't carry the Alaska brand. Like I said, just a troll and a sad pathetic person.

Wow, touchy much? Guess the truth hurts. Let me refer you to a post by one of your own:

Why are we so exemplary in the presentation of our product and settle for such mediocrity in our pay and benefits?

Virgin pilots remind me of an old joke:

Guy approaches a gal in the bar and asks, "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?" "Sure," she answers.

"How about for $20?"

"What do you think I am?," she asks.

"We've already established what you are," he says, "now we're just negotiating the price."

All I can say is Sir Dick found himself a bunch of cheap, um, pilots.

Wow, touchy much? Guess the truth hurts. Let me refer you to a post by one of your own:

Virgin pilots remind me of an old joke:

Guy approaches a gal in the bar and asks, "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?" "Sure," she answers.

"How about for $20?"

"What do you think I am?," she asks.

"We've already established what you are," he says, "now we're just negotiating the price."

All I can say is Sir Dick found himself a bunch of cheap, um, pilots.

Just answer the question,"COWARD".

Ooo, name calling. Is that the best you got?

ALPA could stand united, but they won't. Every ALPA MEC is in it for themselves, all altruistic talk is just that. Most guys at VA have very negative feelings towards ALPA as a result. So, while organization is probably warranted if pay doesn't get seriously bumped following profitability, ALPA's presence would make that vote more difficult. The vitriol from it's current membership on boards like this would make a yes vote even harder still. And we are too small to foot the bill required for our first CBA going it alone. So talk of organization is easy until you start to look at the nuts and bolts of actually making it happen.

ALPA isn't allowed to negotiate any MEC's contract. It is the law. All ALPA does is resource MECs. Individual MECs negotiate what they can get based on their company's individual financial strengths or weaknesses. That's it. Questions?

Fubi spews garbage about other airlines as well. He is just a troll with no real hobbies. Makes him feel good about himself. Irony is that while he trash talks other airlines, he wants us to all be union for the sake of being unionized. If all airlines are Alpa, there should only be support and no hatred. He hates even the unionized ones that don't carry the Alaska brand. Like I said, just a troll and a sad pathetic person.

Funny thing, Foolbi's airline makes money off his willingness to fly Delta passengers. Some how his scabbing off the Delta brand is ok. Great union that Alpa is, sharing all there paxs with everyone, Virgin now included.

I would love our airline to unionize, however, with the fool chalking questions up as "complaining" most see him as nothing but a hateful soul they would rather not be associated with. But, I will keep trying for the betterment of our industry.

It seems you don't know the difference between codesharing and strikebreaking. Kind of makes you ignorant.

Hey, it was YOUR guy who was biatching about wages and benefits. But each of YOU accepted the job knowing full well they were substandard.

But, I guess you know what you're worth.

Last edited:
ALPA isn't allowed to negotiate any MEC's contract. It is the law. All ALPA does is resource MECs. Individual MECs negotiate what they can get based on their company's individual financial strengths or weaknesses. That's it. Questions?

I have a question, yes. If what you say is true, then why does every ALPA contract have to be signed by the ALPA President in addition to the Chairman of the relevant MEC?

Thank you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back