Virgin America orders 40 A320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey C150ETOPS,

I caught your drift. Just so you know, just about everybody here is a former union pilot, with a good number of "legacy union pilots" on board.

Will we eventually unionize? Time will tell. Right now we are too small to go it alone, and ALPO has certainly not thrown out the welcome mat with their past DOT filings. Until then getting us up to pay parity is simply supply and demand in the hiring and retention of pilots. I sure want a raise, and want one for you as well. You are allowing your greedy management to hide behind the "look at them game" without acknowledging the fact none of us has much leverage until hiring resumes industry wide.

To hint at jump seat shenanigans is pretty juvenile. We carry quite a few legacy pilots to and from work and are happy to do it. We are very generous with the movies and meals and take all the jump seat riders we have seats for without any priority or limit restrictions found at some other carriers. Try us, you will see some happy customers and hard working FAs on your ride to/from work.

So I think I read that right. They lost $20 million for Q2 and only have about $20 million left in the bank.

Ahhhh....

That's just Crazy talk!!! Sir Richard is placing the order, so all is calm, nothing to see here.

I remember this monkey 2 years ago who I thought looked and acted as a VA Flight attendant with the stripes pinned on his collar BRAG to me about how VA was getting A340's from Sir Richard and "We are going to give United a 'run' in the Pacific!" Freaking tool......

I hope they shut down soon.....The only idiots adding capacity....

Was that you Cramden??

HEY MODS....GET THIS THREAD TO THE LCCs WHERE IT BELONGS.

If they had a "bottom-feeder" topic, it would be best there!

I remember this monkey 2 years ago who I thought looked and acted as a VA Flight attendant with the stripes pinned on his collar BRAG to me about how VA was getting A340's from Sir Richard and "We are going to give United a 'run' in the Pacific!" Freaking tool......

I hope they shut down soon.....The only idiots adding capacity....

Let me guess ... he was a former JB pilot.

We carry quite a few legacy pilots to and from work and are happy to do it. We are very generous with the movies and meals and take all the jump seat riders we have seats for without any priority or limit restrictions found at some other carriers. Try us, you will see some happy customers and hard working FAs on your ride to/from work.

You do all of that because you have to. To ensure you stay on the good side of the masses. Not because you want to. Your commuters have much more to lose than the legacy ones do.

You're JB, circa 2000-2008.

No Bill, it wasn't me. I'm a gray hair and just politely ask for a ride and never forget to thank the crew afterward. Just like the guys I carry in and out of SEA all the time. Thanks for playing though!

If that person really existed they were wrong. Our Virgin franchise does not allow Pacific flying outside of the USA.

And thank God we got rid of the silly collar bars. What a PITA they were.

Last edited:
Hey C150ETOPS,

I caught your drift. Just so you know, just about everybody here is a former union pilot, with a good number of "legacy union pilots" on board.

Ralph,

I'm not in support of any "jumpseat wars" or any juvenile retaliations. I know VA is new and agree that it is tough to get on your feet with a union with a new company like VA and a small pilot group.

I do believe there shouldn't be an unlimited amount of time for a pilot group to use OA jumpseats as a non-union airline. A WAG for me would be once a non-union airline surpasses 300 pilots in size, they'd get 3 years to organize and certify a union. If not, their jumpseat agreements with union carriers dies. Far as I'm concerned, JBLU and VA should be respectfully given notice tomorrow that a 3 year clock has started.

P.S. I realize the lunacy of certain union carriers that pay less and have worse QWL than JBLU or VA.

Ahhhh....

...I hope they shut down soon.....The only idiots adding capacity....

Maybe not the only ones...

From the DAL CEO:

"...But Delta’s chief executive, Richard H. Anderson, indicated on a conference call with analysts on Monday that Delta’s capacity would grow 5 to 7 percent in the fourth quarter to make up for last year’s sharp pullback. He also forecast capacity growth of 1 to 3 percent in 2011. Delta is not planning to increase the number of planes it has; rather, it wants to fly them more often."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/business/20air.html?partner=yahoofinance

Ralph,

I'm not in support of any "jumpseat wars" or any juvenile retaliations. I know VA is new and agree that it is tough to get on your feet with a union with a new company like VA and a small pilot group.

I do believe there shouldn't be an unlimited amount of time for a pilot group to use OA jumpseats as a non-union airline. A WAG for me would be once a non-union airline surpasses 300 pilots in size, they'd get 3 years to organize and certify a union. If not, their jumpseat agreements with union carriers dies. Far as I'm concerned, JBLU and VA should be respectfully given notice tomorrow that a 3 year clock has started.

P.S. I realize the lunacy of certain union carriers that pay less and have worse QWL than JBLU or VA.

I thought you were not in support of jumpseat wars? So any Union count if is not ALPA are you going to deny AMR, SWA, F9, Any teamsters carrier. Sure a lot of Mainline pilots in the JS on companies like SkyW would hate to see them not get to work since much of the flying is on RJ's now. To each there own but to deny a fellow pilot the jumpseat is pathetic. I didn't asked to be furloughed does that mean you will deny me!

Last edited:
I thought you were not in support of jumpseat wars? So any Union count if is not ALPA are you going to deny AMR, SWA, F9, Any teamsters carrier. Sure a lot of Mainline pilots in the JS on companies like SkyW would hate to see them not get to work since much of the flying is on RJ's now. To each there own but to deny a fellow pilot the jumpseat is pathetic. I didn't asked to be furloughed does that mean you will deny me!

Yep, it's the way ALPA national rolls.........

It's their way of serving the pilot community?

Latest resources

Back