Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Richard Branson: "I came on here to plug MY airline... Virgin America"

Interesting

Their certification should have immediately been pulled when he said that, and reinstated only upon another very exaustive review of their financing and control with an added stipulation that there will be no Virgin Atlantic codeshare or marketing partnership of any kind ever. Still want to play with airplanes over here "sir" richard?

I think Branson was planning to do something like that from the get go....create buzz or whatever. Like Herb arm wrestling a few years ago.

I watch him whenever I happen to catch it, but wasn't aware he was scared of bears.

Word!

But I wasn't aware VA was RBs airline, here I thought it was a US corporation, because I could have sworn the Feds has rules regarding foreign ownerhip and cabotage. Hmm, maybe I dreamt it!
what a moron.

Their certification should have immediately been pulled when he said that, and reinstated only upon another very exaustive review of their financing and control with an added stipulation that there will be no Virgin Atlantic codeshare or marketing partnership of any kind ever. Still want to play with airplanes over here "sir" richard?

Yeah...right. Gimmie a break. Fast Willie Parker was on ESPN awhile back & refered to the Steelers as "my team"..what the?? I heard the organization & the NFL are launching an investigation to see how much control & ownership he has managed to acquire...Dan Rooney is asking for a speedy conclusion to the probe in hopes of finding out when he lost ownership of his team.

Yeah...right. Gimmie a break. Fast Willie Parker was on ESPN awhile back & refered to the Steelers as "my team"..what the?? I heard the organization & the NFL are launching an investigation to see how much control & ownership he has managed to acquire...Dan Rooney is asking for a speedy conclusion to the probe in hopes of finding out when he lost ownership of his team.

Ok let's run with that analogy.

First of all, there is no law preventing Willie Parker in owning the Steelers. There is no law preventing him from owning a voting number of shares (assuming it was a publicly traded company). If he were to buy the team he wouldn't have to funnel money through fake holding companies and into the hands of his subserviant cronies and yes men who would then pretend to be in charge. Also worthy of note is the fact that there is no pressing legal question about the level of operational control and/or financing that Willie may or may not claim to have, nor does he legally have to justify the level of his crontrol, or lack thereof, to anyone.

The entier time they were begging for their illegal start up, VA said again and again that RB had virtually nothing to do with the airline or its operations or its financing. Fred Reid said on numerous occasions that RB had nothing to do with VAmer at all, and he only talked to RB a couple times a year over the phone, for a few minutes each time, tops! They said that garbage because they legally had to. Guess what, they still do. The moment RB starts shooting off his mouth about how this is his airline and how he controls it, and seamlessly integrates it into his other Virgin airlines he violates our laws.

Look, I admire some of the things RB has done, Virgin Atlantic in particular. He has a cool record store too. His cell phone service appears to be a little weak over here, but it doesn't bother me that he's trying. But like it or not (and I happen to like it a lot) foreigners and their companies are not permitted to play with airplanes in the good old US and A. Until and unless that changes, even the slightest admission to the contrary needs to be taken very seriouslly and VAmer's entire financing structure needs to be very thouroughly reviewed. If the slightest shread of proof exists, they need to have their certification pulled immediately, whatever it ends up costing him. Oh but wait, it couldn't cost him much because its not his money...yeah right.

Unless, of course, you're going to say that his admitting he violated them doesn't count. By that same logic, Vick should be allowed to continue playing. All he did was admit to it, but we all know that doesn't count! :laugh:

Last edited:
It just emphasizes the old saying: Money talks and BS walks. Any FAA, SEC, polititian who pretends they don't know that Branson is the real owner of VA is so full of $hit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back