• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh. You know the game better than most. That is a bold statement on an anonymous bulletin board considering you have no idea who you are talking to. What I am saying is, don't take as fact anything you hear from a guy in the jumpseat, your crashpad, training center or anyone else for that matter. If you are the expert "game" player that you claim to be then you know I am dead on. You sound like one of those know-it-alls who does not like to be told anything: "Please don't lecture me on how to fly this plane! I already know everything...." Maybe you should be lectured to. Now please relax.

Wow, I think you need to go back and read your original post to my simple thread/question. You lectured us about wising up...like we're a bunch a private pilots who know nothing about the airline game. Then you have the nerve to tell me how i think. You're a perfect example of a sad adult who has the mentality of an angry 15 year old. Grow the hell up! Yup, you really "zinged" me. I'll go to the corner now...you are far wiser than I or the others on this thread. I have far more important things to do than battle with a dimwit like yourself. Can't we ever have a single thread on flight info that doesn't include an @$$ looking to stir the pot?

Wow, I think you need to go back and read your original post to my simple thread/question. You lectured us about wising up...like we're a bunch a private pilots who know nothing about the airline game. Then you have the nerve to tell me how i think. You're a perfect example of a sad adult who has the mentality of an angry 15 year old. Grow the hell up! Yup, you really "zinged" me. I'll go to the corner now...you are far wiser than I or the others on this thread. I have far more important things to do than battle with a dimwit like yourself. Can't we ever have a single thread on flight info that doesn't include an @$$ looking to stir the pot?

You should probably relax a little and get off your high horse. An ego like yours is not a good thing in this business and a "professional" like yourself should not resort to name-calling. There is nothing to get so upset over and if you are interested I am not angry in the slightest. I am a very happy 15-year old! But I am dismayed that such an educated guy like yourself is flying off the handle over such a trivial post. I am sure you are under a lot of stress right now and that may be why. That being the case, I offer my apology. Maybe my tone was bad in my original post but it was the message that I was trying to convey....don't believe what you are hearing today because 1) Most are wrong. 2) The environment is rapidly changing 3) I don't trust management. If you have been reading the posts on VA you would have garnered that they are going out of business; things are going perfectly; they are growing; they are shrinking; they are making money; they are bleeding like a stuck pig; they are hiring in the summer; they are hiring in the fall; they are furloughing. You get my point here. I guess I could have done without the "You guys crack me up comment" and for that I also apologize.

who cares, they pay ********************ty anyways.

Some guys from ATA, Aloha and a few other pilots facing the unemployment line care.

How many pilots from shut down airlines has your company hired lately?

Don't look back but that mighty EMB-145 you proudly claim on your profile is going to be extinct pretty soon. Hope you can keep a job.

Don't look back but that mighty EMB-145 you proudly claim on your profile is going to be extinct pretty soon. Hope you can keep a job.

And your display of proudly displayed aircraft is any different. Who cares what you have flown? From an EMB to an impressive 320 the job is all the same anyway. Go from point A to B without being a lawn dart. Everyone thinks their airplane is the hardest or most impressive to fly. All that matters is the pay check and QOL. The pay at VA needs improvement.

And your display of proudly displayed aircraft is any different. Who cares what you have flown? From an EMB to an impressive 320 the job is all the same anyway. Go from point A to B without being a lawn dart. Everyone thinks their airplane is the hardest or most impressive to fly. All that matters is the pay check and QOL. The pay at VA needs improvement.

The EMB-145 will be long gone before the A320. I do find it amusing that an Expressjet FO is slamming a company that he wouldn't even be competitive for a job at. And if flying the EMB is just the same as flying anything else then I am sure Chuck Yeager here will be happy to finish his career in it. :rolleyes:

As for the pay....Do you know/remember what the pay at SWA was then they started? No where near what they are now. There was a reason SWA was coined the "Wal-Mart" airline.

Last edited:
I hurt your feelings about the 320 I am sooo sorry. Not really! Chucky isnt all that special...most could accomplish what he did. Heck most can accomplish anything they put their minds to. AS far as SWA pay like I said...I dont know 100 times. I dont care what they paid then. If they paid that now I wouldnt work at SWA. Just like I wouldnt work at VA for that low pay. Some will some wont. It is the choice some make. I guess I hurt your feelings about one little statement about pay. Again I am not sorry. Pretty impressive list of equipment there Chuck wannabe. It just proves my point. Thanks LMAO. The 747 is soo coooool. LMAO!

Vixin, you miss the whole point of my EMB dig. It is the size and fuel efficiency I was disparaging, not how hard to fly or how "cool" it is.

Yes, I have a lot of time in little planes, and now know the bus is easier to fly than the CRJ or EMB. The only plane I've flown before the bus with a future is the Dash 8, not because it's so cool, but it sips gas for it's intended mission.

Thanks for stoping by. And how many ATA & Aloha guys has your company hired?

Latest resources

Back