• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A guy asked if we were furloughing, and we got it from the horses mouth that no, we were actually hiring in the fall. Nobody said we believed them, just trying to give you some information. Do whatever you want with that information. Believe, don't believe, or shove it. I couldn't care less.

A guy asked if we were furloughing, and we got it from the horses mouth that no, we were actually hiring in the fall. Nobody said we believed them, just trying to give you some information. Do whatever you want with that information. Believe, don't believe, or shove it. I couldn't care less.

Come on. Taking the time to reply and telling me to shove it shows me you care.

Come on. Taking the time to reply and telling me to shove it shows me you care.

I don't care what you do with the information. I do care about telling you to suck it. We were just trying to help a guy who might be on the street in a couple months.

I don't care what you do with the information. I do care about telling you to suck it. We were just trying to help a guy who might be on the street in a couple months.

So now instead of me shoving it you want me to suck it? I guess I will assume you are not a commuter for Virgin and live right in San Francisco. Not that there is anything wrong with that...to each their own.

You guys crack me up. A guy in the jumpseat told me; a check pilot told me; HR told me; the CP told me; the training dept told me; the CEO told us....and you believe it!!! Nobody is going to tell you what is really happening....just ask the JetBlue pilots hired a few years ago how long upgrade has been....they were told by HR, CP, CEO and so on that it would be 2.5 years to make captain on the bus and look where they are. Alaska management has continually told the pilots things that did not pan out...more planes, more pilots...blah blah blah. That is all I hear now from all the management types....blah blah blah!!! Trust me, just go tone deaf to anything you hear about the future from anyone and you will be more satisfied when nothing ns. Didn't the Skybus pilots get told everything was just peachy before showing up for work then get the ACARS message that the gig was up? That might be a time to believe them.

I never said i believed him, thus the question! Would it really surprise anyone to hear that another airline is furloughing? Please, don't lecture us as if you're the all knowing pilot. I've been through a 89 day strike, pay cuts, furlough, etc.. and I know the game better than most. RELAX!

Last edited:
I never said i believed him, thus the question! Would it really surprise anyone to hear that another airline is furloughing? Please, don't lecture us as if you're the all knowing pilot. I've been through a 89 day strike, pay cuts, furlough, etc.. and I know the game better than most. RELAX!

Huh. You know the game better than most. That is a bold statement on an anonymous bulletin board considering you have no idea who you are talking to. What I am saying is, don't take as fact anything you hear from a guy in the jumpseat, your crashpad, training center or anyone else for that matter. If you are the expert "game" player that you claim to be then you know I am dead on. You sound like one of those know-it-alls who does not like to be told anything: "Please don't lecture me on how to fly this plane! I already know everything...." Maybe you should be lectured to. Now please relax.

Latest resources

Back