Virgin America furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratus72

I had a Virgin America Captain on my jumpseat the other day and he said they were going to start furloughing in the sept to oct time frame. Is there any truth to this?

I asked HR and they expect to start running classes again in the fall.

People just hate to see another carrier doing well...sad.

Talked to the CP two days ago. VA will be hiring pilots in August.

You guys crack me up. A guy in the jumpseat told me; a check pilot told me; HR told me; the CP told me; the training dept told me; the CEO told us....and you believe it!!! Nobody is going to tell you what is really happening....just ask the JetBlue pilots hired a few years ago how long upgrade has been....they were told by HR, CP, CEO and so on that it would be 2.5 years to make captain on the bus and look where they are. Alaska management has continually told the pilots things that did not pan out...more planes, more pilots...blah blah blah. That is all I hear now from all the management types....blah blah blah!!! Trust me, just go tone deaf to anything you hear about the future from anyone and you will be more satisfied when nothing happens. Didn't the Skybus pilots get told everything was just peachy before showing up for work then get the ACARS message that the gig was up? That might be a time to believe them.

Latest resources

Back