Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America firms up aircraft orders and options.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is VA going to buy Spirit or merge?

WHY would they want a group of Union pilots who have shown the willingness to strike when they can get a bunch of SJS struck RJ pilots willing to be doormats for an A320 type rating?

The pilots (a few) I know at Virgin America are far from fitting that discription.

...of course they're former Spirit pilots though.

WHY would they want a group of Union pilots who have shown the willingness to strike when they can get a bunch of SJS struck RJ pilots willing to be doormats for an A320 type rating?

It`s experts like you that don`t even know what your talking about!Have you even looked at the history of the pilot group at VA?Let me give you a run down before you run your mouth anymore! Usair,United,Aloha,ATA,Americawest,Spirit,these people where all card carrying members of ALPA!And, "OH GREAT ONE" what was your fist type on?

And a few DL, one AA guy that made a big impression, a bunch of Airborne and don't forget us Indy guys either. True, there are pilots from ASA, Comair, Mesa and Skywest, but also a sizable contingent from Horizon.

The point Fubi is there is a diverse pilot group at VA, not all from one mold as you wish to believe. We may or may not go union in the future, but right now are being well treated.

Sorry you work in such a poor environment Fubi, but that's your problem, not ours.

You can't blame the Spirit pilots for wanting a merger. They want new management, a better customer-service product, VA's delivery schedule (more growth than Spirit has planned), and to staple 450+ pilots below all of them. VA pilots would like Spirit pay and the East Coast flying.

You can't blame the Spirit pilots for wanting a merger. They want new management, a better customer-service product, VA's delivery schedule (more growth than Spirit has planned), and to staple 450+ pilots below all of them. VA pilots would like Spirit pay and the East Coast flying.

No experienced pilot would propose a staple in this business, because
"What goes around, comes around." A very bad precedent to set for
future mergers.

The Spirit pilot group would never want anything less than a fair integration of any two pilot groups involved in a merger. But because we're all very impatient we put the cart before the horse. As pilots we are really just along for the ride.

Last edited:
The Spirit pilot group would never want anything less than a fair integration of any two pilot groups involved in a merger. But because we're all very impatient we put the cart before the horse. As pilots we are really just along for the ride.

Especially if you fly the Airbus from what I hear.... :):p:laugh::laugh::cool: Don't get me wrong, I'd fly one if someone gave me the keys...

Oh thems fightin' words!!!

Seriously though it was meant in reference to a hypothetical merger, with emphasis on hypothetical.

The airbus is of course capable of a high level of automation, as is any modern day airliner. The best pilots remain engaged while the worst among us just slip into a mode slightly above passenger. And it sure does show. The best pilot is a master of every aspect of the automation, but is still master with it all turned off. It's still 2 wings and 2 engines following the same laws of physics that keeps a DC8 aloft.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back