Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America firms up aircraft orders and options.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And a few DL, one AA guy that made a big impression, a bunch of Airborne and don't forget us Indy guys either. True, there are pilots from ASA, Comair, Mesa and Skywest, but also a sizable contingent from Horizon.

The point Fubi is there is a diverse pilot group at VA, not all from one mold as you wish to believe. We may or may not go union in the future, but right now are being well treated.

Sorry you work in such a poor environment Fubi, but that's your problem, not ours.

And at least one Alaska guy too Ralph..., there may be more.

Don't try and appease Fubi...he is just another angry pilot who will NEVER be happy, no matter how much money we all make. Don't forget JetBlue guys and a few Emirates. A very experienced pilot group to say the least. :cool:

Thanks for pipen in with the rest of the group,the airlines I mentioned where the only ones I could come up with that where previous ALPA folks.

Thanks,
strobzz

Quick questions that have likely been asked and answered before:

What's the likelihood that a newhire could get based in either LAX or JFK within the first or second year? I realize most would get SFO right off the bat. Are they expanding the LAX and JFK bases? Lastly, which are the most senior bases in order (i.e., LAX is the most senior with JFK and SFO trailing)?

What's the likelihood that a newhire could get based in either LAX or JFK within the first or second year? I realize most would get SFO right off the bat. Are they expanding the LAX and JFK bases?

LAX would be very EZ, JFK would probably take a bit longer.

What's the likelihood that a newhire could get based in either LAX or JFK within the first or second year? I realize most would get SFO right off the bat. Are they expanding the LAX and JFK bases? Lastly, which are the most senior bases in order (i.e., LAX is the most senior with JFK and SFO trailing)?

LAX may grow to 60 crews by fall. Currently there is 19 crews. JFK is very senior only 10 crews and has no plans of growing yet.

The last bid awarded a guy with just over a year into the JFK base. Not sure how the current deliveries would affect that (as it relates to length of upgrade), but obviously things are moving rapidly. There are also open time trips to pick up out of JFK and IAD occasionally. It may not have you based in Jfk, but it would help out with the commute.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back