Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America firms up aircraft orders and options.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great! The original MOU between VA and Airbus was for 40 A320s and options for 20 more. This is a firm order for all 60 airplanes. That's great news!

It makes me wonder about VA's cash position. We only have something like $23 million dollars cash in the bank and somehow got financing for $5.1 billion worth of aircraft. Either someone pitched in some more money or airbus has a lot of faith in VA's business plan.

First is was we had no airplanes on order, then it was they were not a real order just MOU, now that is signed and, then our wages are low, when they come up what will it be next.......Keep throwing pies and the clown but I dont think we are going any where anytime soon. Starting an Airline our of CMH which does not break into the Top 10 us cities is far different business model than what we are trying to do.

Were the loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? Just kidding. I am sure the Financial Wizzards figured something out (fingers crossed!).

One thing is for certain, you can't beat VA's economy product (JB is close and SWA's can't compare) and they have a loyal and growing customer base. Let's hope it all works out. Great news for more hiring going forward.

First is was we had no airplanes on order, then it was they were not a real order just MOU, now that is signed and, then our wages are low, when they come up what will it be next.......Keep throwing pies and the clown but I dont think we are going any where anytime soon. Starting an Airline our of CMH which does not break into the Top 10 us cities is far different business model than what we are trying to do.

.....what?

Virgin America will also be the launch customer for the A320neo. The re-engined sharklet model.

Good for them, but generalized advice is this industry is don't believe anything until you are actually sitting in the seat.

Good for them, but generalized advice is this industry is don't believe anything until you are actually sitting in the seat.

We're pilots, we believe everything. Right up til we're thrown out on the street (twice). :D

:crying::crying:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back