Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America firms up aircraft orders and options.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'd have a lot more credibility if you knew the difference between lose and loose.

Wow....VA is making money, firming up 60 airplanes to have a fleet of 111 by 2019 and we are STILL not going to make it. Love the "glass is half full" on this board. Keep those positive attitudes coming people. :rolleyes:

Pan Am was ready to purchase the SST and was taking reservations to the Moon. Orders are one thing, deliveries are another. Best of luck, nice people and product.

Pan Am was ready to purchase the SST and was taking reservations to the Moon. Orders are one thing, deliveries are another. Best of luck, nice people and product.

And since July the knock on Virgin America was "An MOU is one thing, and actual order is another".

Pan Am was considering a concept airplane that never flew, Virgin America is ordering a current production model that has well over 4000 models in operation, and an update version of that same model aircraft. Pan Am was taking reservations to the moon, Virgin America is taking reservations to places like New York and Dallas. VERY different situations, and thus not even a remotely valid comparison.

Can you say SKYBUS part II?

Not really. Skybus ordered all of their aircraft before the airline even launched. Skybus died after eleven months of operation.

Virgin America made these orders nearly three and a half years into operations (more than three and half times longer than Skybus was alive) and following a profitable quarter (which Skybus never had).

The only thing Skybus and Virgin America had in common is they both started in 2007 and both operated A320 family aircraft. Any comparison beyond that is futile at best.

You'd have a lot more credibility if you knew the difference between lose and loose.

It's not my quote. Perhaps the author wanted spelling majors, such as yourself, to waste your time correcting it. I really don't know, really don't care. Just thought it was funny. Feel free to ignore me so you don't have to read it again.

I thing you should waist ur time goggling it to c who rote it and send the kerections to him.

Cheers

Oh, and I misspelled the second paragraph intentionally (just so you know).

Last edited:
Its really sad how people like Fubi, UALiar, Barfchef and Yuppy will always come here and troll cuz their life is miserable. The only way they can feel better about themselves is to try and make others feel just as bad as they do (something about misery and company, I forget). Anyway, great airline, beats United or Jetwho’s product any day.

Last edited:
Moderator reviewed: NOT a ToS violation.

Please do not report posts that are not a violation of the ToS. If you are unfamiliar with what constitutes a ToS violation, please go and read the Terms of Service again.

Thanks,

/mod

For those members that like to report "just to report" we will just ignor you if you continue to waste our time on "thin skin" topics that don't suit you... turn the channel if you don't like content... thanks

Latest resources

Back