Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America firms up aircraft orders and options.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the rejection letter today. Does that count for anything?

Look at it this way. You now have the opportunity to get an honest job.

Slightly off topic....Wasn't there a pilot at Alaska that was such a fricken tool,that he was actually denied, BY HIS OWN COMPANY, the right to jumpseat ON HIS OWN AIRLINE? I mean, that's the rumor. I find it hard to believe though. I mean, a guy would have to be a horses behind of EPIC proportions to be denied the right to ride on the JS of his own airline. Come to think of it...nevermind. That story has to be made up. If there was someone out there that was that much of a tool he would have been shot in the back by his mother in his youth.

Last edited:

Way to go....look like a complete IDIOT to the entire pilot world out there. But hey, I only hope great things for YOU "junkbar." Glad I will NEVER have to spend anytime with a choice person like yourself in the cockpit.

Slightly off topic....Wasn't there a pilot at Alaska that was such a fricken tool,that he was actually denied, BY HIS OWN COMPANY, the right to jumpseat ON HIS OWN AIRLINE? I mean, that's the rumor. I find it hard to believe though. I mean, a guy would have to be a horses behind of EPIC proportions to be denied the right to ride on the JS of his own airline. Come to think of it...nevermind. That story has to be made up. If there was someone out there that was that much of a tool he would have been shot in the back by his mother in his youth.

Actually I think It was the Alaska CEO Bill Ayer was denied a JS or maybe it was an actual seat out of Anchorage right after an arbitrator awarded Alaska some out to lunch pay cut for the pilots(incidentally that was before Virgin America even started). From what I remember of the rumor mill, the pilot said he would not be fit to fly knowing Ayer was in the back. Sorry for contributing to thread drift. We now resume our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:
So Fubi, what are you gonna say when Virgin rates match those of Alaska? Just curious.

They won't. Look at the rates.

Besides, its a general principles thing. USAir and UAL, and to a lesser degree DAL pilots got screwed by the bankruptcy court. The court abrogated their contracts and imposed the (at the time) jetBlue non-Union narrowbody pay rates.

Now, those carriers are still behind the 8 ball because their managers convinced the judge that to be competitive they needed to match the non-Union pay rates they were facing in the market.

And non-Union pay rates can go up or down at the whim of the individual managements because they are not contractual. Look at Allegiant pay rates. They're dependent on company performance. So if the company doesn't make "enough" profit as defined by them, YOUR pay goes down.

You really want that to become the model for pilot compensation? If you think airline managers aren't going to attempt to impose whatever means necessary to enhance their stock option prices, you're deluding yourself, my friend.

They won't. Look at the rates.

Besides, its a general principles thing. USAir and UAL, and to a lesser degree DAL pilots got screwed by the bankruptcy court. The court abrogated their contracts and imposed the (at the time) jetBlue non-Union narrowbody pay rates.

Now, those carriers are still behind the 8 ball because their managers convinced the judge that to be competitive they needed to match the non-Union pay rates they were facing in the market.

And non-Union pay rates can go up or down at the whim of the individual managements because they are not contractual. Look at Allegiant pay rates. They're dependent on company performance. So if the company doesn't make "enough" profit as defined by them, YOUR pay goes down.

You really want that to become the model for pilot compensation? If you think airline managers aren't going to attempt to impose whatever means necessary to enhance their stock option prices, you're deluding yourself, my friend.

Perhaps the rates would go down after going up, I guess that remains to be seen. As for deluding myself, I only do that on long layovers! Cheers!

Latest resources

Back