• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Assessment results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are quite a few with recommendations that are waiting. It helps for sure, but it is no guarantee at all of an email inviting you to the first step of the process. I have recommended about a half dozen people, and as of yet only three have made it to the first step, and only one of those actually got hired. And that guy, had three of us recommend him in person.

Any common characteristics among those hired recently? Airbus experience? Certain number of PIC hours (obviously above the published minimums)? Furloughees vs. non-furloughed pilots? Just trying to see what they are looking for given the huge numbers of experienced pilots available on the market...

Any insight appreciated.

A guy that I was in new hire class with at NJA just got hired. He had pervious Airbus PIC time at Air Jamaica though. Furloughed NJA.

They are looking for the right fit, that's it. I personally only have just over 1000 hrs of PIC turbine, no airbus time and was furloughed. Other guys, more PIC, no airbus time and not furloughed. If you make it to the interview you have the qualifications. Stop trying to over think it, just come in and be yourself.

Good luck

Any common characteristics among those hired recently? Airbus experience? Certain number of PIC hours (obviously above the published minimums)? Furloughees vs. non-furloughed pilots? Just trying to see what they are looking for given the huge numbers of experienced pilots available on the market...

Any insight appreciated.

Last edited:
I did the online assessment about a month ago and didn't hear a thing. I guess that means it's a no-go. Does anyone know if you can reapply and how long you have to wait to do so?

I just took the assement and got a message like, we received your assesment you will be contacted regarding the next step in the hiring process. I think thats a good sign. By the way, it took me over 2 hours.

Thats the message I received. It took me about an hour. I took a break in the middle of the first few problem questions and lpgged off...my brain was turning to mush!!!

"Thank you for completing this assessment. Your responses have been received. A member of the Virgin America recruiting team will contact you to discuss the next steps in the hiring process."

I am assuming this has been deemed 'the good message'?

Fingers crossed.

"Thank you for completing this assessment. Your responses have been received. A member of the Virgin America recruiting team will contact you to discuss the next steps in the hiring process."

I am assuming this has been deemed 'the good message'?

Fingers crossed.

I received that message after taking it way back in November and......never heard a thing after that. FWIW

Any insight appreciated.

The last few classes have been mostly regional guys. This seems to be the recipe for the secret sauce: 6000-7000 TT, over 1500 Jet PIC, and at least one internal rec.

There have been some furloughed (maybe only one) netjets guys hired, and they've hired a couple older guys with a wide range of experience. But, like i said earlier, most guys in the recent new hire classes come from a regional background.

Latest resources

Back