• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video from CNBC-Santulli CEO NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look, I was not referring to just Av8tr's post. True, I guessed wrong, but your one-liner wasn't specific.
My point was to the onslaught of people (NJW included) on this forum saying, very bluntly, that those who can, should, take advantage of the companies gracious offer and take an early retirement or LOA or something to SAVE JOBS!!!! The only measure I mentioned specifically was the Paid Leave Bank, which would have the least affect on the individual pilot.

I say those who want to should. No one should feel obligated to step aside for anyone else. To say they should would be saying exactly what I said in my last post: "please quit your dream so I can have mine." Please point out the post (if one is there) that said that because I missed it. I have not suggested that anyone should leave, but since you brought it up: For those who are interested and ready, the early out is a great deal. Likewise, the 1yr LOA is an ideal opportunity for those who want to pursue another interest for awhile or just need a temporary break.

On a larger note; You all do realize that NJ isn't offering all these early out / LOA packages because they have a deep seated desire to help beloved pilots right? The Preventive Measures aren't limited to leaves; your misconception is probably the reason you've misinterpreted some posts on the issue. NJ employees are fully aware that flying is down and the company needs to "right-size", to use Mr. Santulli's term. He has also made it clear that the package is designed to do just that. It was offered to all employees. NJ families are fully aware of the situation; mine very much so. Glass, I didn't think you were a NJA pilot? Are you with NJI? If not, the reason for your lecture is even more mysterious...:erm:

If they furlough, then they furlough from the bottom of the list. Yes, we're all quite aware of that, especially those most at risk; but we also know it's the only fair way to do it. ...The number I keep hearing is that NJ is 30% overstaffed. That was too high even before employees started applying for the option of their choice.

Enter the incentive package now in place. If they can reduce the numbers more or less evenly throughout the seniority list then they can save massive cash by not having nearly the bump and flush scenario that would ensue with out. Notice how the package is aimed at every level of the list. Coincidence? I think not..

No it's not a coincidence, at all. The Joint Preventive Measures Campaign was designed to offer an incentive to every employee demographic. I think they did a good job. It was also intended to save jobs, as RTS notes in his ICOMs, but not just for pilots. BTW, the pilotgroup is kept well informed; NJASAP makes sure of that, so I can't imagine that any of them needed your explanation. I do hope it wasn't all for my benefit...:rolleyes: Very ironic if so...:p considering I have a primary source of info at home.

Oh yes, one more question to answer....I first typed "SA" because that's how we say it at home and have for many years. I then typed the words out of consideration for the other non-pilot board members who may not be familiar with the term. I think my motivation is more logical than yours. :D

Thanks NJW for the support. ... You are entirely welcome to it! Please pass my sympathy and support on to our other NJ junior pilots. I would rather come back to the best job in flying in a few years rather than keep a mediocre job today. If someone does give something, I am the first one to thank them for the support. So I noticed...;) and believe me, it's appreciated. Alas, not everyone remembers to say thanks, which is unfortunate considering what a difference it can make to our hard-working NJASAP leaders and volunteers. ...:pimp:

Av8tr, you have a good attitude. I've heard other NJ pilots express the same opinion. During the contract battle, our deployed pilots often thanked those "at home fighting for our jobs" while they fought overseas. Fellow FI member, Semore, made very supportive posts here. It helped. (Thanks again, Semore! :))

I know that NJASAP leaders and volunteers are determined not to lose any of the ground the pilotgroup has gained since 2005. (My husband was just talking about that after coming home from CMH). We all (pilots and family members) worked too hard and sacrificed too much to let it slip away. The EBoard is ready and willing to work with the Company on cutting waste, eliminating redundancies, and improving efficiency while those who take a LOA are away. If all goes well, they'll return to an even better NJA. Best Wishes to you and yours! NJW

RTS is a very smart guy, but it simply doesn't work.

My marriage didn't work... But it doesn't mean I can walk away from the three kids it gave me.

Whats your point?

By the way... I got remarried. She is hot, educated, sweet, ornery and this one is gonna work. ;)

Dooker, about 8% of our debt is held by the Chinese. Hardly a majority of our debt. If you want to talk about out of control federal spending, which is driving our financial meltdown, I'm on your side. As far as aviation goes, those are amongst the last high paying manufacturing jobs in the USA. Would you have them go away? RTS eloquently defended our segment of the transportation industry. I say, more Santulli for all!

My marriage didn't work... But it doesn't mean I can walk away from the three kids it gave me.

Whats your point?

By the way... I got remarried. She is hot, educated, sweet, ornery and this one is gonna work. ;)

Yes, she is and I hope it does. But it wouldn't have to do anything with her influence on your layovers, would it? :rolleyes:;) I told her, no special treatment.....

Uh oh. I just guaranteed myself a lifetime at the Hasbeen Hilton....:D

I don't want to take this down a bad path but tell me again why I shouldn't be bitter and pissed when I return from a 'forced' 3yr LOA?

We have 900 pilots (30%) that aren't doing anything. No "opt in" nothing. And guys on here telling me they're counting on this money! Well there's plenty of us that are counting on that money too like trying to stay in our house or maybe start a family. We've been applying for jobs now for over 3 months, sent hundreds of resumes out and not one interview and there are some here that don't want to get there feelings hurt because of "pressure," from the union or the junior people. BS give me a break, brother. I'm a union guy but this stinks. How can 900 pilots turn a blind eye on there brethern? If you worried about division now just wait till we come back from our furlough or forced LOA while you've been "opted in" for three years driving your God da&* boat all over Florida. This place will just be a thrill to work at, can't wait.

NJW, I truly appreciate your positive attitude but I just wish we could serious about saving everyone's job.

Jpeace 02, What exactly do you expect of me?

"If you worried about division now just wait till we come back from our furlough or forced LOA while you've been "opted in" for three years driving your God da&* boat all over Florida"?

Division? Yes, I'm worried about it. I have a group telling me that senior pilots should quit to make room for the junior pilots? Why? So you can buy a "G-dam" boat drive it all over Florida?

Should the rest of us go on a hunger strike? Do you think that will change anything?

I'm writing your comments off as stress.

I hope you "fair well" Sir.

jpeace,

You're understandably incredibly stressed about the whole situation.

But if you're planning on coming back and raising hell for some perceived injustice visited upon you by our pilots, then perhaps you should turn your 3-year LTLOA into a more permanent situation.

Who are you gonna raise hell with? You going to poll every pilot in the company to find out who participated and who didn't?

I'm doing my part. Others are too. In the end though, it's not the PILOTS who would be putting you on the street. The pilots (even the ones who don't participate) didn't cause the economy to tank in a big way. The pilots didn't cause NJ's management to overhire in anticipation of aircraft that aren't showing up now. The pilots aren't selling back shares of these jets.

What the pilots you're hating so much DID do is vote in not one, but TWO contracts that gave the junior folks the biggest gains. The pilots (through union leadership) have created an unprecedented package to help ease a little of the pain for the folks who would otherwise have ZERO options and simply be out on the street with a bunch of their brethren.

You aren't being "forced" to do anything. Don't take any LOA and just accept the furlough. After all, isn't that the standard of how it's pretty much always been done everywhere else?

I truly am sorry that your choice is leave with a little pay and benefits, or leave with nothing. I am sincere in this sentiment. The common thread between the two is that you have to leave. But at least you have some choice.

But if you're planning on coming back here and acting like a total jerk, then perhaps you weren't a good fit here to begin with.

Latest resources

Back