Venetian L1011

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rick James

Noticed on final into LAS that the Venetian 767 was hidden by a larger jet this morning. Low and behold it looks like they have a new (to them) L1011. Must be one incredible flight department L1011, 767-300, BBJ, and probably some "small" G planes or Falcons.

Yeah more any info?

I saw the L1011 recently too! It is the same colors and the 767 and BBJ, what do the G's look like also what kind of G's and how many any other A/C, helicopters, etc?

Do they use BBJs, etc to fly in large numbers of gamblers from the far east?

There planes seem to move around a lot.

I wonder what there flight department in like, is it a good place to work?, Hiring? Turnover, Etc?

Just wondering, i imagine there are not many more flight Departments like them

Seriously, who's going to fly those things? Retired Delta L-1011 guys?

The Lead Captain is a former TWA pilot who bailed out of TWA about 15 years ago to do the large aircraft corporate circut in various far off places. Good guy with a significant amount of corporate experience. He spent at a great deal of time in the ME under various TWA/Saudia contracts so he knows that part of the world well. No Delta guys allowed!

The Lead Captain is a former TWA pilot who bailed out of TWA about 15 years ago to do the large aircraft corporate circut in various far off places. Good guy with a significant amount of corporate experience. He spent at a great deal of time in the ME under various TWA/Saudia contracts so he knows that part of the world well. No Delta guys allowed!

Another guy I know there was our L-1011 Guru at ATA. He knows more about that airplane than anyone I know.

Actually he appears to be getting 2 L-1011s.

The second one is for spare parts!

Seriously, many of the recent purchases are to support the Macau operation. The big boss still wants to be able to go back and forth non-stop and none of the current airplanes can. Sooooo. Don't be surprised if something even larger and longer range ends up on the ramp. And since he's worth about 23 BILL at current stock price, I don't think he's too worried about paying for it.

(Think 747SP or even 777)

Are they L1011-500s? As I recall they can fly pretty far. These must have long-range tanks installed. I have heard nothing but good things about them (speed demons) and I am sure there are many ATA or Delta guys with experience on them...

Latest resources

Back