• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

V2 to MSA or Accelerate to VFS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and that right there should be the last word...

Are you saying your favorite word, is the last word? LOL

I never understood leveling at 400 ft. But if that's what the book says, I guess you have to do it.

Old engines

I never understood leveling at 400 ft. But if that's what the book says, I guess you have to do it.

When I went to DC-9 school (1980), our book said level off, clean up, and set MCT at 900 feet on a V1 cut. Of course, someone asked "why not an even 1000 feet?" The answer we got was that 900 feet was all you could reach within the 5-minute takeoff thrust limit (worst case for our stations).

I concur that CAE is teaching V2 to MSA. I got into a big argument with the instructor over it. Now my co-pilot is convinced that V2 to MSA is the way to do it. With APG #s I always held V2 (SE) or V-whatever (with both motors - 14 deg nose up and take whatever speed I got) to their custom acceleration height then cleaned up. I think this V2 to MSA thing is gonna bite somebody.

I concur that CAE is teaching V2 to MSA. I got into a big argument with the instructor over it. Now my co-pilot is convinced that V2 to MSA is the way to do it.

Your CO-PILOT? Um, LD, you are the co-pilot!
Refer to: CE-XXX SIC ONLY on your temporary certificate.
;)

If this comes down to a shootout at the OK corral in Hickville Texas my vote is on SPX - he's a wicked shot with his Kimber - LD sports an junky old SIG 9mm.

:)

.357 Sig these days. SPX is so tiny he isn't even strong enough to lift a hangun. DILF would have to shoot me *for* him.

Latest resources

Back