• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

V-22 Osprey cannot fly in ice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt it....civ industry prob wait till they are in full operational use by military for few years.

but thats just my take

flyboyzz1 said:
We don't need to worry about the ice in the desert!
Except for in winter.

flyboyzz1 said:
There's no desert in North Korea, that's just crazy talk.

flyboyzz1 said:

i suppose we shouldnt worry about it when we need to GET to the desert also, or to defend against a domestic invasion or some other "out of the box" scenario that is not already perfectly predicted by Masters in Poli-Sci grads at the CIA

"Mobilize the V-22 unit at Quantico/Oceana/Elmendorf/Dover/Etc! We have ________ major incident happening"

Sir, its freezing drizzle out and its snowing in the vicinity

"Cancel my last, the ______ major incident can wait, tell the _______ (insert name of Hurricane, enemy military force, terrorist group) to hold off due to WX"

satpak77 said:
I suppose if we go to war, the theatre better be non-ice or maybe we can start the war in the summer.

I suppose we can start any war and at time and in any theatre. Needed or not...it's what we do....

ultrarunner said:
satpak77 said:
I suppose if we go to war, the theatre better be non-ice or maybe we can start the war in the summer.

I suppose we can start any war and at time and in any theatre. Needed or not...it's what we do....

hopefully we don't need the V-22 when winter hits

I was surprised to see a V-22 flying down the valley here in northern NM. i heard it well before i saw it.

It was flying low and slow, did a low approach over the nearby runway and kept going

Latest resources

Back