UX off the runway in ottawa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
I just read the report on the first overrun.
Do these guys still have jobs???
Erased the CVR???
Amazing!!

Do you honestly expect any more from TSA?

easy, man. The TSA pilot group are good people and good pilots in general. We struggle with bad apples and pilots make bad decisions like at any other airline. I'm proud of the women and men that I fly with at TSA.

i doubt anyone here would have refused to accept a landing clearance for 25

Eyewitness reports say that it was heavy rain and runway was slick all day. You have no TRs. At that point it's like landing a minivan in a heavy downpour with no ABS. 2nd TSA jet overrun both with no TRs, just saying...

Eyewitness reports say that it was heavy rain and runway was slick all day. You have no TRs. At that point it's like landing a minivan in a heavy downpour with no ABS. 2nd TSA jet overrun both with no TRs, just saying...

So you would have refused to land on runway 25 assuming you had plenty of performance? Let me help you, you would have attempted the same landing. It's easy to second-guess every decision, but if they had the performance, the decision to land on 25 is ok.

Good reading the Canadian report. They, like many other civilised countries do not point the finger. The US, well, I won't be surprised if the next regional fatality puts surviving crew in the clink. Personally, i'd use this kind of opportunity to give the finger to mgmt. And move on to something more humane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back