• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UX off the runway in ottawa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What good is performance if you have no means of stopping? If I was in that crew I would have at least brought up the possibility of landing on the longer runway since no thrust reverses were available and there was heavy rain reported.

hind sight. ahhhhh

8k feet isn't normally an issue on a 145 and they are use to having no TRS.

depends ...

oh yes, once I enter the line I find much information.
like: "this guy is a tool, and that dude is a d!ck (usually management related), and that f/a slept with x, and she was in a threesome with crew yz and blablabla"

so yes, once you are on line, there's plenty of info, TSA style!

Last edited:
What good is performance if you have no means of stopping? If I was in that crew I would have at least brought up the possibility of landing on the longer runway since no thrust reverses were available and there was heavy rain reported.

So you know for a fact that landing on the long runway wasn't discussed?? STFU...

TSA training is one of the worst in the industry. I was learning new procedures and call outs on my checkride. You'll be lucky if you know what you're supposed to be doing by the time you enter the line.

Sounds like a problem with the student.

This is what this all will sound like to John Q. Public.....

...blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah, blah blah no thrust reversers, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

That's all anybody will hear.

TSA training is one of the worst in the industry. I was learning new procedures and call outs on my checkride. You'll be lucky if you know what you're supposed to be doing by the time you enter the line.

Sounds like an issue with the student more than the teacher. Define worst in the industry. In your massive 121 experience with TSA and GOJET, please enlighten me as to how TSA training is one of the WORST in the industry. Please cite examples of other training programs. Yes it's a tough program, but we have some damn fine pilots here. Quit whining.

If I was in that crew I would have at least brought up the possibility of landing on the longer runway since no thrust reverses were available and there was heavy rain reported.

Were you there? Were you on the crew? Do you know for a fact what the weather was at the time of landing? Do you know what was going on in teh flight deck at the time of landing? No. You don't. STFU and stop judging before the facts come out. Maybe if you had stayed at TSA instead of pussing out and going to GJ you could have been the pilot of the year and saved the plane from going off the runway. F off.

Maybe related?

Here's a brief description about Flybe's overrun @ STR/EDDS. I was supposed to make that flight but scheduling changed it the day before. Here's the interesting excerpt from the BFU (Bundesstelle für Flugunfalluntersuchung/ German Bureau for Accident Investigation) report:

"The flight data recorder showed, that despite brakes application and set park brakes the brake pressure dropped to 0 about 1600 meters past the runway threshold."

but don't worry y'all, CX880 has it all figured out!

Last edited:
Sounds like an issue with the student more than the teacher. Define worst in the industry. In your massive 121 experience with TSA and GOJET, please enlighten me as to how TSA training is one of the WORST in the industry. Please cite examples of other training programs. Yes it's a tough program, but we have some damn fine pilots here. Quit whining.

Were you there? Were you on the crew? Do you know for a fact what the weather was at the time of landing? Do you know what was going on in teh flight deck at the time of landing? No. You don't. STFU and stop judging before the facts come out. Maybe if you had stayed at TSA instead of pussing out and going to GJ you could have been the pilot of the year and saved the plane from going off the runway. F off.

F$ck you dude. No ones judging, we don't even know what happened. I said with all the given info I would have landed on the longer runway. Did I say, they caused the accident? You guys are assuming that because the longer runway was the right one to land on in this case, I'm saying that the crew made the wrong choice. Not true.

I say the training is the worst because they don't do anything to help the person pass and you are learning new stuff on the check ride. It wasn't just me. It's not one the toughest, it's one the worst. Any former TSAer that has gone through training at another airline will tell you the same.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back