• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USNA midshipmen own USAFA F-4

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, TonyC, I did see it. The F-4 you remember was replaced by the F-4 that you see now. It was my freshman year back in 86/87. In fact, I remember that they took the 'old' F-4 to Peterson AFB where it sat on the flightline for a LONG time...

FastCargo

Last edited:
FastCargo said:
Actually, TonyC, I did see it. The F-4 you remember was replaced by the F-4 that you see now. It was my freshman year back in 86/87. In fact, I remember that they took the 'old' F-4 to Peterson AFB where it sat on the flightline for a LONG time...

FastCargo
Well, you learn something new every day. I guess I can go to sleep now. :)

FastCargo said:

FastCargo

I graduated in 86, so I wouldn't have seen the flyby/swapout. I don't remember the F-4 on the terazzo as a 'war memorial.' Hell, the alcohol that I've consumed since graduating has (fortunately) washed away most memories.

Awesome! I've got to give the middies credit for this one; it's well deserved.
Sorry, I'm not one of those sentimental types who gets hung up on nostalgia (war memorials). Hell, I still don't know if I've lost my plaque that my USAFA degree was on, presented by then-VP George Bush (too many PCSs).

I'm all in favor of a good spirit prank, and let's keep in mind that they did not damage the aircraft.

TonyC said:
War memorials have been long off limits for spirit missions. The F-4 is such a memorial.

Right idea, wrong airplane. Classless.

Tony;

You have managed to reinforce every negative stereotype ever promulgated about Zoomies. Even though you got one-upped on this one you can still hold you head high.

Because of their relatively short tenure in the AF, the cadets have not yet been completely brainwashed in the typical AF bureaucratic, mind-numbing operational style which seeks to discourage and limit individual initiative and creativity. I am sure they will retaliate with something creative that will make you feel better about yourself and your school.

From AF twit to featherbedding union activist; looks like a natural career path for you.

DaveGriffin said:
Tony;

You have managed to reinforce every negative stereotype ever promulgated about Zoomies. Even though you got one-upped on this one you can still hold you head high.

Because of their relatively short tenure in the AF, the cadets have not yet been completely brainwashed in the typical AF bureaucratic, mind-numbing operational style which seeks to discourage and limit individual initiative and creativity. I am sure they will retaliate with something creative that will make you feel better about yourself and your school.

From AF twit to featherbedding union activist; looks like a natural career path for you.
You sound angry, Dave.

I can understand your bias against the Air Force. Rivalries are healthy, and put-downs are expected.

But I don't understand the featherbedding remark. As you might recall, I was one of the few outspoken opponents of Delta's PRP program, and stood up to your favorite Delta Flightinfo pilot, General Lee, to oppose it. I can assure you that my bed gained no feathers over that ordeal.

Activist? Well, I do dupport the union, and I've participated in activities such as Unity Demonstrations and Informational Picketing. I have volunteered time to make a bunch of phone calls, but I wouldn't call that activism. Oh, I know. You must be referring to the bottles of union-purchased water I've accepted while standing on a sidewalk in the sun. I guess you're right, I did feather my bed there. Come to think of it, the lanyard I wear with my uniform came from ALPA, as well as the mousepad sitting next to my keyboard. I am reeling from guilt, now.

:rolleyes:

DaveGriffin said:

Hey! I'm a Marine twit and a union activist...and it's been a very natural career path.

Maybe you should stick to things you know something about.

Just a suggestion.

27-24
Way to back up the raid there middies - Good on you and good luck sailing over army for the CinC's trophy (anyone who went to a real school really won't care) at least I've bragging rite round the sqdn for another yer

PS its a static display not a war memorial - If USAFA could find a backbone and stop flipping over every issue its challenged by maybe they could discover something called tradition that seems to serve West Point and Annapolis so well

Latest resources

Back