Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
coho92 said:
27-24
Way to back up the raid there middies - Good on you and good luck sailing over army for the CinC's trophy (anyone who went to a real school really won't care) at least I've bragging rite round the sqdn for another yer

PS its a static display not a war memorial - If USAFA could find a backbone and stop flipping over every issue its challenged by maybe they could discover something called tradition that seems to serve West Point and Annapolis so well

Congrats to the Midiots. You, however, are a clown, and seem prone to speaking about things you know literally nothing about. Tradition is something that's dying at all service academies, and since we've only been around 100 yrs less than either of the fine Army or Naval institutions, why don't you cut us a break? I mean, every time I crush wholesale "divisions" of Navy fighters in 4vX's, I cut 'em ALOT of slack! They obviously need it!

Rez O. Lewshun said:
USAF guys taking the initiative? Thinking outside the box? You don't have to get too creative to land on 2+ miles of wide runway.....

I'm sure the Ascot boys will come up with a plan and run it up the Chain of Command and get the UberCommander to approve it.....

Good luck....
Except for the fact that "b.o.x." must in-turn be replaced by "container", this post is a shack.

MAGNUM!! said:
Congrats to the Midiots.

Yea, verily! Looks like the "paint-Ex" cast sufficient voodoo to make the zoomies grabs their throats with both hands during the game.

MAGNUM!! said:
You, however, are a clown, and seem prone to speaking about things you know literally nothing about.

1. You say that like it's a bad thing!
2. Not really uncharted ocean there, Magellan!
3. Who would know better?
4. Then wouldn't that make him a expert on "clown" stuff, and therefore fully qualified to expound on academy issues?

MAGNUM!! said:
Tradition is something that's dying at all service academies, and since we've only been around 100 yrs less than either of the fine Army or Naval institutions, why don't you cut us a break?

Ok...now I'm confused. Which one is the "cheater" academy? Which one is the "rape" academy? Which one had the murderer? Which one foments religious intolerance? Without a program, it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

Maybe, just maybe, each of those schools is populated by college-age men and women who can discern the difference between painting swastikas on gravestones, and painting a Phantom with washable paint. Can you?

If you are truly a fighter pilot, then you understand what role "tradition" plays in a tactical engagement. "It's a tradition here in the Triple Nickel that we stay in STT until 15-miles." If the "big picture" at our service academies is only what is contained in the Reef Points or Contrails, we have a problem.

Some Mids played a prank on some Zoomies. Had they chosen to paint the pilot that actually scored the MiG kills in that aircraft, we'd have a real issue here.

MAGNUM!! said:
I mean, every time I crush wholesale "divisions" of Navy fighters in 4vX's, I cut 'em ALOT of slack! They obviously need it!

OK everybody! Remain calm! I've seen this before. We're not supposed to wake him up when this happens. We'll wait until he's in R.E.M.

Nice post there mr ocean

For the record:

Cheater Academy - All 3
R*** Academy - USAFA (Public) USNA/USMA (prob had some cases two)
Handcuff to Urinal (hello black n) - USNA
Murderer (aka chem lab partner) - USNA/USAFA
right wing christian agenda - USAFA
cold dark gray lifestyle with lousy location (at least USAFA goes skiing and USNA used to have 22 pubs within walking distance to the gate) - USMA

Mr Magnum
lighten up - we're all in the game together - longer deployments, less time at home, and don't forget the joy of less flying time to shift the money for real world ops. Remember Sir the best thing about a converstion with a fighter pilot is that they usually have an IQ of 160 the bad thing is that it is extremely difficult to talk to four people at the same time.

coho92 said:
Nice post there mr ocean

For the record:

Cheater Academy - All 3
R*** Academy - USAFA (Public) USNA/USMA (prob had some cases two)
Handcuff to Urinal (hello black n) - USNA
Murderer (aka chem lab partner) - USNA/USAFA
right wing christian agenda - USAFA
cold dark gray lifestyle with lousy location (at least USAFA goes skiing and USNA used to have 22 pubs within walking distance to the gate) - USMA

Mr Magnum
lighten up - we're all in the game together - longer deployments, less time at home, and don't forget the joy of less flying time to shift the money for real world ops. Remember Sir the best thing about a converstion with a fighter pilot is that they usually have an IQ of 160 the bad thing is that it is extremely difficult to talk to four people at the same time.

Good one.

Occam's Razor said:
Yea, verily! Looks like the "paint-Ex" cast sufficient voodoo to make the zoomies grabs their throats with both hands during the game.

1. You say that like it's a bad thing!
2. Not really uncharted ocean there, Magellan!
3. Who would know better?
4. Then wouldn't that make him a expert on "clown" stuff, and therefore fully qualified to expound on academy issues?

Ok...now I'm confused. Which one is the "cheater" academy? Which one is the "rape" academy? Which one had the murderer? Which one foments religious intolerance? Without a program, it's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

Maybe, just maybe, each of those schools is populated by college-age men and women who can discern the difference between painting swastikas on gravestones, and painting a Phantom with washable paint. Can you?

If you are truly a fighter pilot, then you understand what role "tradition" plays in a tactical engagement. "It's a tradition here in the Triple Nickel that we stay in STT until 15-miles." If the "big picture" at our service academies is only what is contained in the Reef Points or Contrails, we have a problem.

Some Mids played a prank on some Zoomies. Had they chosen to paint the pilot that actually scored the MiG kills in that aircraft, we'd have a real issue here.

OK everybody! Remain calm! I've seen this before. We're not supposed to wake him up when this happens. We'll wait until he's in R.E.M.

Tradition in tactical engagments? I've heard of standards, techniques, and 3-1, but never "traditions." You must have your terminology confused. Has it been that long out of the cockpit?

MAGNUM!! said:
Tradition in tactical engagments? I've heard of standards, techniques, and 3-1, but never "traditions." You must have your terminology confused. Has it been that long out of the cockpit?

'Kay...you didn't get it. That's cool. I was going for the "big picture vs. local tradition" comparison. Probably a rim shot. Calling Single Target Track a "tradition" was just me being clever.

You had posted, "Tradition is something that's dying at all service academies,...", and later made reference to flying fighters. I was trying to point out that academy traditions are merely mechanisms to instill discipline and espirit...which ultimately (for fighter pilots) leads to pulling the trigger or pushing the button when the SHOOT cue pops up on the HUD.

The Mids on exchange at the Zoo don't give a rat's patoot about the traditions in place there. As long as they don't violate a universal taboo (burning the flag, for example) perhaps you shouldn't either?

MAGNUM!! said:
At what? Painting? Let's wait and see what the USAFA bros do....

Apparently they responded by losing the ball game on Saturday.

BEAT ARMY!

Weighing in

As a data point.

IMHO: Unless it says something about being a memorial it's a static airplane with combat kills on display. Memorial to me implies that there is some sort of somber-inducing event attached. That sort of thing would be accompanied by a plaque. Unless you are memorializing the men it killed, but us all bein' conservative veterans, we probably aren't. They have their memorials of some form in their own country I imagine. Plus, maybe they all bailed out before the AA missile hit. :)

I'd call it fair game for a prank especially since they used water based paint.

FWIW, at OTS, we used permanent paint for all sorts of spirit missions, but for stuff that it didn't hurt to do so on. Sounds like the middies struck the right balance.

Occam's Razor said:
The Mids on exchange at the Zoo don't give a rat's patoot about the traditions in place there.

Traditions? My high school has been around longer than the USAFA. After it's been around a hundred years or so the AF cadets can come back and talk to us about traditions.

BTW, is the USAFA an accredited institution?

MP

Latest resources

Back