Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PAPA FOX!

Super Bowl bound 2008!!
I remember reading this thread last year and a lot of you rightfully pointed out that O'reilly would never support any union. While I can't really disagree with that for the most part I do think his take on it would be that management has done a lot more wrong which would achieve our goal of exposing and scorning them in the national media.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=68266&highlight=o%27reilly

I base my above statement on what he had to say on his radio show last Tuesday. On that day the subject was about welfare reform 10 yrs after it passed. While discussing that, a guy calls in and tells O'reilly that corporate welfare is the big problem in America. Being very skeptical, O'reilly asks the guy to give an example and after a moment of hesitation mentions all the airlines recently in or still in CH 11. I'd post a link to the whole radio show but can't since not all of you are premium members. Instead I'll quote verbadim how it all went down.

Caller: I was wondering about all the corporate welfare we give out.

O'Reilly: How are you wondering about that?

Caller: I think I'd rather help the little people than the big corporations.

O'reilly: Give me an example of what you think is corp. welfare.

Caller: In the airlines they've lost 15 to 20 billion dollars.

O'reilly: Thats a great example Cal! Give Cal a radio factor mug!! When I ask far an example Cal steps up to the plate and hits it out!! Alright let me try to give you some perspective on this. We obviously need the airline industry in America......................

O'reilly goes on to mention how mismanaged and poorly run most airlines are "to an inch of their life."

I think that O'rielly could get on this bandwagon IF enough pilots flood his website.

Clearly he was on not on the side of incompetent management. Not once did he even hint about pilots being underworked and overpaid. Like ACE757 posted on the previous thread, this could be just what the doctor has ordered. So while O'reilly might not be crazy about unions, he certainly loaths the management who run the airlines into the ground.

It's too bad O'Reilly is just a loud mouthed moron that noone with a bit of intelligence takes seriously.

AirBadger said:
It's too bad O'Reilly is just a loud mouthed moron that noone with a bit of intelligence takes seriously.
...who just happens to have the highest rated cable television show on TV today.

If you're looking from someone that noone took seriously, think Dan Rather or Air America.

sqwkvfr said:
...who just happens to have the highest rated cable television show on TV today.

If you're looking from someone that noone took seriously, think Dan Rather or Air America.
He's entertainment, he says stupid things and he gets people riled up. Heres a good example of how dumb this man is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKG93i5ISmc&search=bill%20o%27reilly%20malmedy

And a quick google of highest rated cable shows today reveals a program called "Psych" is the highest rated.

AirBadger said:
He's entertainment, he says stupid things and he gets people riled up. Heres a good example of how dumb this man is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKG93i5ISmc&search=bill%20o%27reilly%20malmedy

And a quick google of highest rated cable shows today reveals a program called "Psych" is the highest rated.

OK, so I left out cable "news" show.

Why don't you take the time to look up the numbers on Bill O'?

Regardless, your insistance that no one takes him seriously is obviously incorrect since something like 2 million people tune in to see him every night.

Also, I'm not suprised that MSNBC and Keith Olbermann in particular have a bone to pick with O'Reilly since his show draws something like twice the number of viewers in one night than his show gets in an entire week.

I gotta tell ya, If you're looking for childishness; Olbermann's report that you posted will do just fine. I've never seen a less objective journalist than in the example that you provided.

Last edited:
sqwkvfr said:
OK, so I left out cable "news" show.

Why don't you take the time to look up the numbers on Bill O'?

Regardless, your insistance that no one takes him seriously is obviously incorrect since something like 2 million people tune in to see him every night.

Also, I'm not suprised that MSNBC and Keith Olbermann in particular have a bone to pick with O'Reilly since his show draws something like twice the number of viewers in one night than his show gets in an entire week.

I gotta tell ya, If you're looking for childishness; Olbermann's report that you posted will do just fine. I've never seen a less objective journalist than in the example that you provided.

A lot of people also watch American Idol, that doesn't make it a good show. I do agree that Olbermann's confrontation of O'Reilly was childish, (as is the whole feud between them) but the fact remains that O'Reilly made an idiotic comment disgracing the servicemen who died in Malmedy and then had the transcript changed hoping noone would notice his idiocy.

Do you have anything other than "he gets good ratings" that proves he is not a loud mouthed moron? He's an older, much uglier Anne Coulter, and thats about it.

AirBadger said:
Do you have anything other than "he gets good ratings" that proves he is not a loud mouthed moron?
No, he can be a real arrogant blowhard...but that certainly doesn't make you any less incorrect.

Airbadger said:
He's an older, much uglier Anne Coulter, and thats about it.
So you're saying he's a chick now? Any evidence to back that up??

I just love you O'Reilly/Coulter haters....your rabid hate toward all things that you perceive as being right wing is entertaining to us that know that difference and don't follow the crowd just for the sake of doing so with the hope that statements like your first will make you appear politically savvy.

Perhaps next time you can attempt to actually contribute to to a thread instead of just shooting your proverbial mouth off.

sqwkvfr said:
No, he can be a real arrogant blowhard...but that certainly doesn't make you any less incorrect.

So you're saying he's a chick now? Any evidence to back that up??

I just love you O'Reilly/Coulter haters....your rabid hate toward all things that you perceive as being right wing is entertaining to us that know that difference and don't follow the crowd just for the sake of doing so with the hope that statements like your first will make you appear politically savvy.

Perhaps next time you can attempt to actually contribute to to a thread instead of just shooting your proverbial mouth off.

Hey what can I say? I don't like a woman who calls 9/11 widows "witches".

AirBadger said:
...much uglier Anne Coulter....

Say what you will, but he's not that much uglier. ;)

sqwkvfr said:

Sorry, you lost me there, skippy. :confused: Maybe try smaller words, or perhaps fewer words, or perhaps words organized in some logical fashion to make an actual point.

Oh, and have a nice day. :)

Shouldnt this be some where else other than the general aviation section.

You guys really are a bunch of weenies.

Latest resources

Back