• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

usappy asks local NC court to stop jumpseat denials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What poorly crafted "spin" in all of this. The suit is obviously aimed at making sure the AWA-A330wannabies don't "conspire" with other carriers to deny jumpseats.

In no way is USAPA trying to control other carriers, only trying to make sure west pilots don't start a denial campaign with other carriers.

You claim this is "spin", yet I can't help but wonder if you have you read the filing. Let's look at the section in contention again, shall we?

"3. From denying, conspiring to deny, or instigating denial of, access to "jump seats" on aircraft operated by any commercial carrier because of suspected membership in, or support of, USAPA, or status as an "East pilot," or because of any pretextual excuse to hide such anti-USAPA animus, or animus against East pilots; "

You can't help but notice *(although I've high-lighted it in red just in case) that it says "any commercial carrier". Thus, the leadership of USAPA has decided they should have some control over the jumpseats of other airlines. What if two pilots show up for the same UAL jumpseat and one of them is an East pilot? Will there be threats of legal action if the seat is denied?

You fear the West is "conspiring" against you. If a West pilot shares their dissatisfaction at the level of representation USAPA supposedly offers the West pilots, does that constitute "conspiring"? Or is it freedom of speech. Many of you have freely thrown ALPA under the bus, but you seem a little thin skinned when comments are made about USAPA.

it's sad to see some people here taking posts like this so seriously. Most of us see right through it.

Try again, WD!

What is there NOT to take seriously? USAPA has chosen legal action against 18 of it's so called "members" and 100 yet-to-be-named "John Doe"s. Although I lack your obviously tremendous legal mind, that sounds pretty serious to me. Further more, the organization has chosen to include ALL airline pilots as potential litigants if a denial of a jumpseat occurs involving a member of USAPA. What part of that do you and your East brothers "see right through"? So you "try again". Tell us what we are missing.

Uhmmm...how many people in this thread that are FOR the west pilots creating a campaign of jumpseat denial, NOT a West pilot of PFT'er, or ALPA troll????

You hit the nail on the head. Just the groups you mentioned are jumpseat denial.

According to Ocity they are all "loosers" which I guess means they all wear boxers.

You hit the nail on the head. Just the groups you mentioned are jumpseat denial.

According to Ocity they are all "loosers" which I guess means they all wear boxers.

ALERT SEHAM!!!!! I made a Typo!!! This TRAVESTY against USAPA must be Vanquished!!!

I think we all know what I meant, they're losers...btw, they wear delicate little pink lacy panties, not boxers.

ALERT SEHAM!!!!! I made a Typo!!! This TRAVESTY against USAPA must be Vanquished!!!

I think we all know what I meant, they're losers...btw, they wear delicate little pink lacy panties, not boxers.

Man you are wrapped way to tight....delicate pink lacy panties???

Deny the JS to a FAA Inspector and you might find out who has jurisdiction.

Actually, I have denied the jumpseat to an FAA inspector. Aside from having to file an Irregular Operations Report, I heard nothing more about it from either my company or the FAA. In fact, the FAA inspector was very understanding when I explained why I was denying the jumpseat. He nodded, said thank you, and walked off of the airplane.

Maybe I was just lucky? :)

Actually, I have denied the jumpseat to an FAA inspector. Aside from having to file an Irregular Operations Report, I heard nothing more about it from either my company or the FAA. In fact, the FAA inspector was very understanding when I explained why I was denying the jumpseat. He nodded, said thank you, and walked off of the airplane.

Maybe I was just lucky? :)

The only folks I would consider denying a jumpseat ride to are folks on the scab list. I don’t mean the west’s version of the scab list I mean the list of pilots that crossed a picket line to go to work and replace another pilot.

What poorly crafted "spin" in all of this. The suit is obviously aimed at making sure the AWA-A330wannabies don't "conspire" with other carriers to deny jumpseats.

In no way is USAPA trying to control other carriers, only trying to make sure west pilots don't start a denial campaign with other carriers.

It's sad to see some people here taking posts like this so seriously. Most of us see right through it.

Try again, WD!

Can we start referring to the East pilots as "Profitable wannabies"?

Seriously, how much are dues now with all your lawsuits? 5%? That's gotta hurt considering your LOA93 pay rates.

The only folks I would consider denying a jumpseat ride to are folks on the scab list. I don’t mean the west’s version of the scab list I mean the list of pilots that crossed a picket line to go to work and replace another pilot.

I will concede that the use of the term "scab" when referring to an East pilot is a bit of a stretch because they haven't crossed a picket line. But, it's hard to argue that a sizable number of East pilots have come back from furlough and due to new furloughs, taken the jobs of West pilots. In essence, they have come back from obscurity and "replaced another pilot" with the blessing of THEIR new union that supposedly represents BOTH East and West. I'm not suggesting you block anyone from your jumpseat, but it is food for thought.

If USAPA miscalculated the resolve of the AWA pilots and are forced to pay for it with their jumpseats, so be it. This is war, there is no demilitarized zone.

Latest resources

Back