• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

usappy asks local NC court to stop jumpseat denials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...that remains to be seen, but right now USAPA's batting a thousand.

What exactly do you mean by "batting a thousand"? It doesn't appear they've done anything but use their numbers and anti-ALPA sentiment to vote out ALPA, no great feat there. But what have they done to help ALL the US pilots?

I wouldn't say they're batting a thousand. They've grabbed the bat and continue swinging at everything that comes past them.

What exactly do you mean by "batting a thousand"?

I'm just being literal here..so again, I don't have a dog in the fight.

What I mean is...

USAPA said they would create their own union..they did.

USAPA said they would replace ALPA at LCC...they did.

That's what I mean by 'batting a thousand'.

As far as them changing Nic...I think it would be foolish to count it out at this point. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys put together their own financial backing and bought the airline.

Hence the term tenacious.

Disinformation Warning!

In the court documents usappy asks a local court for a TRO to stop jumpseat denials not only from the west but from other carriers as well. Can you believe the nerve of these clowns to ask a local court to FORCE DAL, NWA, SWA, UAL pilots etc to take them in your jumpseats. I can't stop laughing:laugh:

WD.

Back up a second and go read the TRO. It's cut and pasted here in another thread...though the list of defendants is omitted in the cut and paste. My guess is that the defendants are the airline formerly known as America West.

One of the points, III if I recall correctly is ordering the defendants not to interfere with the jumpseat travel of the East pilots on US Airways or any other airline.

The verbage is egregious to the extreme but it is not telling other airlines Captians who to let on, it is telling the defendants (yeah, them guys from PHX) not to frack with the guys from the east when they are just trying to a) get to work like the rest of us, or b) (and more importantly) just trying to go home like the rest of us.

I'm not Airways, don't have a dog in this fight. But the Airways guys have always been helpful when I was trying to get somewhere and I don't like them being accused of that which is not.

This denying jumpseats is a bunch of crap. There is no way making political statements with the jumpseat will benefit anyone. All eligible pilots welcome on mine.

Its probably more of a safety issue since this group of pilots has been so combative with the Senority issues. My bet is most passengers and crew just dont want them on the flight deck since they are obviously very disgruntled individuals to begin with. Its really a shame that they still have not learned to move on and accept the future for what it is.

We are in a crisis economically with oil and this is one of the last things that anyone wants. If one of these individuals were to occupy a jumpseat and use the opportunity to spew their views on senority it could make for a very distracting flight.

Lets hope they grow up and accept their seniority as it was decided in May 2007 during binding arbitration. Enough is enough and its time to move on and all work together in a safe environment.

From my own perspective...if your carrier is on our approved list ( and US airways is...) You are welcome on my Jumpseat...

Latest resources

Back