USAPA's _hit list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meat;
Great points, save for the president. It won't matter which party gets elected.

It most certainly does matter. In fact, it's the single most important thing affecting our careers for many years to come.

You may remember that Clinton let the AA pilots strike 20 minutes (Clinton is the finest Republican candidate that the Democratic party ever nominated.).

The APA told Clinton's Chief White House Counsel that they wanted him to issue a PEB. He did exactly as they requested. It would be nice to have another President that would do the same, instead of someone like Bush who famously said "there will be no airline strikes on my watch." Remember McCain calling us all "greedy" and "lazy?" Sure you want to stick us all with that guy for the next 4-8 years? Think about your career.

Obama scares you more than McCain?
who's paying for the Iraq war?
Who's paying for the bailout?
Who's paying for Katrina still after Bush threw money at it, thinking that would substitute for competence.
These are MUCH more expensive than Obama's health care plan. MUCH!

Like education, police, military, infrastructure- some spending is simply cheaper than the alternative. And much of that you support despite enormous price tags- the only difference between mccain and obama in that area is where the line is drawn. You want to keep your taxes down= stop spending money on things that aren't investments in your country. Make up spending, like Katrina, are way more expensive than preventative and investment spending- ie: health care, military, and education.

What we truly can't afford is ANOTHER C-student in the white house acting on their "gut".

Last edited:
Any pilot that does not vote for Obama does not grasp what Mcpain stands for. Obama will be the next president.

M

USAPA may have an agenda, but the EAST like UAL only care about DOH. EAST would dump USAPA in a heartbeat for DOH with UAL and to have ALPA back.

So squash away UAL!

I can hear it now. The East will be demanding DOH with no Widebody Fences at UAL. Just like the last merger attempt.

UAL will not want DOH with AAA.

What we truly can't afford is ANOTHER C-student in the white house acting on their "gut".

Katrina was the left's attempts to rebuild a utopia to absolve themselves for their abject failure in fighting the war on poverty.

The bailout was the left's attempt to control the outcomes of the markets to try absolve themselves of the results of meddling with the credit markets to achieve a "home for everyone" utopia.

The Iraq war will be money and blood wasted if the goal shifts to an evacuation of troops rather than establishment of an environment where peaceful self-rule can reign. Unless you truly believe there will be no more conflicts requiring the support of our global allies, abandoning Iraq sends a message that America will not finish what it started. Who can we expect to support us next time we need to show global solidarity against a real threat? Just as the left condecendingly treats the people of Alaska as stupid for their admiration of Palin, they must think the Afghanis are too blind to see that if they drag out their theatre of conflict America will eventually lose it's will to fight.

Obama pretends to be alot of things and does impressions of admirable people, but when you strip away the theatrics he is employing to get elected, you see that he will be but one bit player in the liberal cabal that is ill equipped to provide any better leadership than they have in Congress for the past 2 years.

They scorched the earth for more that 1800 pilots. History will recount USAPA and their friends at Jetblue as a major factor in the erosion of pilot unity, respect, and wealth. It's a new world for this profession and short-sighted pilots are part of the problem.
We're doing it to ourselves.

Whoa! Wait just a damn minute. Why are you dragging JetBlue into this ********************storm? We have nothing to do with it. I'm a B6 pilot and I think USAPA and everything they stand for is BS.

Last edited:
Turtle21:

Why is it that US Airways seems to be the only company, that I am aware of, that does not have pilot ratification. I was a UAL, and even their contracts in BK had to be ratified by the members. Now I do know that UAL current payrates were agreed upon by the board via a side letter.

Why is it, that the USAirways pilots would allow a union board to do vote for them, let alone a president who does not work for their own airline. Just curious how this situation happens?

Working on my MBA thesis.

We DO have member ratification now, under USAPA.

I think the fact that ALPA had their way with us so many times when we didn't have it is one of the top three reasons they are no longer representing us.

Latest resources

Back