USAPA wins...Pilots lose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Caveman -

Correction: East ALPA, not East pilots demanded DOH (more or less), wouldn't yield and let it go to arbitration.

They are back to line flying today because they F&#%ed too many things up.

Not sure what the distinction is, but okay. The artist formerly known as US Airways pilots. How's that?

And that is why I said that fences should be a brainless give and would make the whole thing fair.
So lemme get this straight: you think a fence to protect the East from the perceived threat of 100 West pilots is all that stood in the way to an end of the dispute? I dare say the East wanted an awful lot more than that...
The whole process is screwed.
Funny, they didn't complain about it before Nicolau ruled. Not one bit.
The Arbitrator used entirely different sections on the contract than either side presented to screw the pilots, and no avenue of appeal, 20 years of case law and past practice shot to ********************)_
Arbitrators can do pretty much what they like. No sense complaining about it now. And don't forget about the two pilot neutrals who agreed with almost everything Nicolau ruled. And also don't forget, the USAir guys saw Nicolau in the '90s for the Shuttle integration. They weren't the slightest bit worried about what he might come up with. Makes you wonder about their expectations...

Correction: East ALPA, not East pilots demanded DOH (more or less), wouldn't yield and let it go to arbitration.
So you wait a year to come out and say you disagreed with your rep's strategy? Reeks of hypocracy to me. I don't recall seeing one iota of criticism of the AAA MEC or Merger Committee on their work prior to Nicolau's ruling. I think they were doing exactly what the AAA pilots wanted them to do and if they'd waivered they would've been replaced.

USAPA cannot fix what's wrong with the East pilots.

So you wait a year to come out and say you disagreed with your rep's strategy? Reeks of hypocracy to me. I don't recall seeing one iota of criticism of the AAA MEC or Merger Committee on their work prior to Nicolau's ruling. I think they were doing exactly what the AAA pilots wanted them to do and if they'd waivered they would've been replaced.

USAPA cannot fix what's wrong with the East pilots.

That’s correct, I was in the break room raiding the snack cupboard in PHX when I overheard a conversation my fellow Mesa peeps were having with an eastie. It was during one of the first preliminary meetings between the two ALPA groups. This guy basically said that a stance of anything but date of hire would only get him recalled.

That’s correct, I was in the break room raiding the snack cupboard in PHX when I overheard a conversation my fellow Mesa peeps were having with an eastie. It was during one of the first preliminary meetings between the two ALPA groups. This guy basically said that a stance of anything but date of hire would only get him recalled.

BeCareful! said:

So...given those facts, wasn't the rep simply following the will of the pilots he represented?

You're making ALPA seem like the mob. And your level of devotion is kind of strange.

It was the will of the pilots. This is a democracy, remember. They were unhappy with what ALPA gave them, and so they kicked them out.

It is what it is, for better or for worse. Get over it.

Why were they unhappy with what ALPA "gave them"? Didn't BOTH groups agree to arbitration? I am sorry that the USair got the short end of the stick but didnt AM West buy THEM out.

Where was ALPA at fault here??

Gillegan -

That was about the most rational viewpoint I've seen expressed here. Unfortunately, that sort of intelligent input isn't well tolerated here on FI.com.

BC

Nope...No intellegence allowed. Your EXPELLED.

Why were they unhappy with what ALPA "gave them"? Didn't BOTH groups agree to arbitration? I am sorry that the USair got the short end of the stick but didnt AM West buy THEM out.

Where was ALPA at fault here??

AWA did not spend a penny for U. It was all outside investors.

Gillegan's bias for DOH (which i personally disagree w/) doesn't refute the argument that in all the flooding of ALPA emails and snail mails - that they failed to inspire or answer a LOT of legitimate questions.

2700 east pilots are not all extremists- i guarantee there were at least the 300 moderates needed to swing the vote who were less than inspired by the blitzkrieg of heartless info coming from the alpa machine.
Seniority has been compromised in so many ways through scope and code-shares and mergers and dumb luck- yet alpa has refused to even look at doing it different.

We've seen the result of our current system.
it's time to play it differently....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back