USAPA wins...Pilots lose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stopped reading after you said "alpo" in your first sentence. :rolleyes:

Whatever, PFTboy. How have you been spelling USAPA? Let's see how your union negotiates. So far, it looks like the seniors will be taken care of as the junior pilots get thrown under the bus. You're junior at Airtran; enjoy getting run over. You can't fix stupid.

Our NC is composed of a mid-seniority Captain and two copilots. Not exactly a senior bunch.

Nope...No intellegence allowed. Your EXPELLED.

If you're going to denigrate somebody's intelligence you might want to check your freaking grammar! The way you would write it properly would be "You're Expelled." NOT "Your Expelled." Do you understand? You must have spent too much time flying in and out of CLT. You do know that sweet tea kills brain cells right?

USAPA isn't a union. It's just a tool being used by the Easties to rape the West pilots of their seniority. There's nothing even remotely resembling a "brotherhood" to it.

It isn't a "brotherhood." It's a bunch of people looking out for themselves; which is all too common these days it seems.

The union problem philosophically is that to be truly unified, every single person of a group needs to want the exact same things, or be willing to make compromises for the greater good. But no union is completely unified...there are always divisions between senior/junior, bases, equipment, etc. Also because what you want changes over time as you gain more longevity and pay. In the end, it all comes back to self. Are you going to look out just for yourself now? Or do you realize that by giving a little and making other parts of your group happy, it's going to come back to you and help you out later.

Yes, and you've never, ever posted the words "Darth Prater" right???

Right?

You'll notice that I stopped doing that after a very short time. I was pretty pissed off at the guy, and it was a juvenile response, much like the use of "alpo."

If you're going to denigrate somebody's intelligence you might want to check your freaking grammar! The way you would write it properly would be "You're Expelled." NOT "Your Expelled." Do you understand? You must have spent too much time flying in and out of CLT. You do know that sweet tea kills brain cells right?

You're still Expelled. :smash:

T8

The same can be said of alpo and senior vs junior. alpo rapes the junior pilots so that the senior pilots benefit.
Does anyone here REALLY believe that most of these over 60 dudes will retire before 65? Does anyone believe that they'll stop with 65? What will be the response if you've got a vocal minority (much like the vocal minority that pushed for 65) push for 67/unlimited? The lawmakers will support it since it helps them with social security payouts.
alpo's turned into an organization that wants to screw the junior by the senior.
I'm at the point where I trust UAL mismanagement/tilton more than I trust alpo/pretard/wallach. And I'm not alone among the 2172. alpo's no longer a union; it's just an excuse for the senior guys to f%ck the junior pilots.

Hey Andy, why don't the 2172 of you show us ALL how it's done then, instead of shooting your mouth off on boards such as this? You trust Tilton and the boys more than UA ALPA leadership? GMAFB. Instead of some tough words, how about showing us ALL here how a union should be run?

Maybe you don't know this, but I'd guess there's only a small % of us here at UA (like most other airlines) who actually care to show up for meetings, volunteer our time, run the committees, answer member questions, etc., etc.- i.e. actually pay attention. However, if even HALF of the 2172 even cared to particiapte, you could TAKE OVER UA ALPA.

Think about it. 1000 of you guys showing up at union meetings, proxies in hand, completely removing UA ALPA Council leadership and running the Union as you see fit. You could serve as an example to us all here at UA, at other ALPA airlines, and perhaps to the entire industry. You could put your own committe heads in. You could get your own people sympathetic to your junior/senior/whatever cause and get a majority at the MEC level. I'd gladly step aside from my extremely low ranking position in my Council to be taught "how it's done." Guys like me can't be trusted, anyway.

Feel free to get started on that instead of telling us all how poor a job ALPA does in your opinion. I won't hold my breath as it is much easier to throw stones from the cheap seats than to step into the arena but I really mean it. You really should get your 2172 together and fix UA ALPA. You guys even have your own 2172 forum. Organize it over there without interference from all those "senior" guys who are out to get you. They honestly will never know what hit them.

Think about it. 1000 of you guys showing up at union meetings, proxies in hand, completely removing UA ALPA Council leadership and running the Union as you see fit. You could serve as an example to us all here at UA, at other ALPA airlines, and perhaps to the entire industry. You could put your own committe heads in. You could get your own people sympathetic to your junior/senior/whatever cause and get a majority at the MEC level. I'd gladly step aside from my extremely low ranking position in my Council to be taught "how it's done." Guys like me can't be trusted, anyway.

We've gotten the furlough longevity resolution passed at every UAL council. The MEC's buried it on their priority list. If you're involved with the union, you should know that.
You and I both know that the power is in the MEC seats. You also know that we aren't going to get any committee chairs until we have MEC seats. We've already got part of the 2172 in lower level union positions but they aren't going to advance to higher positions until we have a few MEC seats. Wait until the next election.

I'm not really up on UAL ALPA politics. What exactly is the "2172?"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back