• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA / US Airways MOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This MOU will allow DP and friends to outsource indiscriminately without union resistance. Just like they have done in the past, present, and now future. Their intentions are quite obvious when it comes to outsourcing. I will not vote yes to a document that will guarantee additional erosion of MAINLINE flying!!
The US pilots need to learn from the AA pilots, sometimes a LOUD, resounding "NO" vote is what it takes to send a clear message that WE will not roll over and take it without consent!! enough is enough. If DP wants the pilots on board, he should offer a deal that WE US/AA pilots can live with.
Remember, the DP/APA deal will require pilot ratification for implementation. If the APA and USAPA allow endless outsourcing via 88 seat jets, then the new AA will be nothing more than a wide body airline, outsourcing unlimited RJs for domestic feed.
The APA needs to wake-up and see the devil they are dealing with....

Last edited:
The US pilots need to learn from the AA pilots, sometimes a LOUD, resounding "NO" vote is what it takes to send a clear message that WE will not roll over and take it without consent!! enough is enough. If DP wants the pilots on board, he should offer a deal that WE US/AA pilots can live with.
How can you compare a unified group like the APA with USAPA? And what if DP doesn't care if the pilots (who are under an injunction) are on board?

You can admire the resolve of the APA pilots because they have built their leverage brick by brick. Mere imitation will not yield the same results. The consequences of USAPA's actions have been on-hold for many years and a NO vote will unlock the floodgates of what they got coming to them. In a way, I kinda feel sorry for the APA since they will inherit much of the mess that USAPA created.

Another No-Win-Situation courtesy of the east pilots of USAirways.

How can you compare a unified group like the APA with USAPA? And what if DP doesn't care if the pilots (who are under an injunction) are on board?

You can admire the resolve of the APA pilots because they have built their leverage brick by brick. Mere imitation will not yield the same results. The consequences of USAPA's actions have been on-hold for many years and a NO vote will unlock the floodgates of what they got coming to them. In a way, I kinda feel sorry for the APA since they will inherit much of the mess that USAPA created.

Another No-Win-Situation courtesy of the east pilots of USAirways.

Ironic as it may seem, MY "NO" vote might benefit the PHX based pilots. What do you think will happen to PHX if DP has his way?

Ironic as it may seem, MY "NO" vote might benefit the PHX based pilots. What do you think will happen to PHX if DP has his way?
How has USAPA defended the west pilots from DP having his way so far? You'll have a bit of convincing ahead of you in order to make anyone believe that denying the west a long-needed raise (albeit very small)
and extending the SLI extortion actually benefits the west pilots.

No, this MOU is the very type of substandard agreement that is all USAPA can hope to deliver, given their dedication to disunity. They seem to be in a temporary stupor as they try to pivot to a new boogeyman and finding only themselves.

How has USAPA defended the west pilots from DP having his way so far?

es.

TA 10. Which the mou gives dp just what Bloch denied him. I say stay put until the APA gets us on one contract. We all know that it's up to them anyway, no matter if we have a 'seat' at the table or not. That seat is purely symbolic.

When we're all on that contract, then let the chips fall where they may.

TA 10. Which the mou gives dp just what Bloch denied him. I say stay put until the APA gets us on one contract. We all know that it's up to them anyway, no matter if we have a 'seat' at the table or not. That seat is purely symbolic.

When we're all on that contract, then let the chips fall where they may.
+1.
Id rather have something imposed, than to agree to a shaft job willingly!!

What are the West contract vacation accrual rates?

Earlier today (Monday, August 27), USAPA was informed by US Airways President Scott Kirby that the US Airways Board of Directors had approved signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with AMR. This NDA prohibits US Airways from negotiating with unions at AMR and US Airways over terms and conditions related to a potential merger between the two companies.
As a result, negotiations among US Airways, USAPA, and APA scheduled for this week in DFW have been cancelled and there is no current date set for resuming those negotiations. As long as the NDA remains in effect, the terms of the MOU between USAPA and US Airways cannot be clarified or changed.

Latest resources

Back