• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA / US Airways MOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe in the MOU, DUI can do as you are speaking, except not 10% he can drag it down 20% compared with previous year month.

If I understand it correctly, he has to drag down AA a similar amount. Either way, in a matter of 2-4 years he could probably shrink the airline down to the size it is now, and have all the domestic stuff code shared/outsourced by then.

My understanding is under the term sheet terms or just current rules he can add 70-80 170's to the mix of flying now. In one of the crew lunches, he was discussing the 50 seat feed and explained, yes we have too many, yes we are going to renegotiate the terms of those contracts, No we aren't going to get rid of them, just change them to larger scale airplanes.

So there's part of the plan...

No, I mean if he has learned, at least as far as LCC pilots are concerned. If he has learned, he'll be able to cut LCC flying 10 percent a year, resetting the average each year, of course allowing another 10 percent to be cut each new year. That is what he argued in front of Bloch, to no avail.

What if he has figured out a way around that? Then we, both east and west, versus APA, will find out just what he had in mind for the west and east pilots. Ie. shrink the west 10 percent, give to the east, reset the average, then shrink the west another ten percent, rinse and repeat. Only this time it will be shrink LCC, give to AA, rinse and repeat.

There are enough 'mays' in that MOU that it appears this may be drug out. If so we east and west, would realize what the company had in mind for the west before TA 10 arbitration stopped it.

Exactly. DUI was illegally parking planes and reducing flying, against the terms of our contract. He got busted and lost the arbitration..... NOW he wants us to vote to give him the freedom to do what he WAS doing illegally.

He is like a leech that will never be satisfied, and when he gets caught stealing he asks for permission.

NO! NO! and again, NO!

No more concessions. We are not in bankruptcy.

So why does the BPR think the pilots are too dumb to vote in their best interests? Who has told them that USAPA is the least bit relevant? Flip Parker the bird again and lose any protections you might have in this merger, but at least you'll feel good.

Don't you learn from your mistakes?

Put it out for a vote, admit that USAPA bunglers permanently destroyed your careers, and vote YES. You'll always depend on the generousity of Parker for anything you get.

The 3 PHX reps voted NO on a resolution that would send the MOU for membership ratification. Note that AFTER the resolution to send the MOU for ratification, the BPR made a decision of a Negative recommendation. If I understood correctly, there were 2 resolutions, 1 for ratification and 1 for recommendation. From the little that I know, PHX reps voted NO (first resolution) because they felt that the MOU had many sections of our CBA that were not addressed, it was incomplete.

From another board. West reps were against letting it go to the membership because it's a crappy deal. East reps want to let the membership vote to accept or decline. BPR recommendation is NO.

Last edited:
APA is going to be in charge here, they have the numbers to win any representation election and they fly most of the big birds. For DP American is the prize, much of LCC is expendable once the better AMR hub system is available. CLT will eventually become a ghost-town like STL and PIT. The good part for the pilots is that there are a ton of old guys at east and American and the list will shrink from the top quickly.

who ever came up with the term Force Majeure needs to be hit with a 2x4 across the head.

"A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH
• Force majeure is a term imported into the laws of England and Wales from the French Napoleonic Code.
• Force majeure clauses are now well established as “boilerplate” clauses, essential to the mechanics of commercial contracts.
• Despite the popularity of force majeure clauses, the courts have struggled to define what force majeure means.
• Recent events, such as the advent of Swine Flu and the extreme cold weather which has affected the UK, have focussed attention on force majeure clauses.
• The doctrine of frustration may assist when a force majeure clause cannot be relied upon.
The concept of “force majeure” is not - as the name would suggest - of domestic origin, but has been imported into the laws of England and Wales from the French Napoleonic Code. A force majeure clause is now considered a “boilerplate” clause, essential to the mechanics of many commercial contracts. The function of a force majeure clause is to absolve either party from liability where unexpected events occur. Its literal meaning is “superior force”, denoting an influence that is not capable of being controlled."

waveflyer;2332309[B said:
• Despite the popularity of force majeure clauses, the courts have struggled to define what force majeure means.[/B]

So basically the company (IMO) can come back and use anything they want as force majeure.

Oil goes up 1 cent - hey force majeure and you're furloughed

CEO needs a new BMW - hey force majeure and you're furloughed

Put a no furlough section and leave out the force majeure and I'll be more inclined, but with the force majeure sentence following every no furlough clause I've ever seen and they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

"In the unlikely event that Force Majeure is implemented, management will lead by example by taking an immediate and irreversible 40% pay-cut". Now that's a clause I can live with!!

Latest resources

Back