USAPA Trial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Raoul Duke

So I hear the bid trial starts this week. Word has it that USAPA's attorneys desprately tried to get a continuance and were shot down. Then in a bid to avoid having to testify some of USAPA's witnesses have been trying to avoid being subpoened - only to get ambushed in the airport. This is going to be classis.

Classis ??? :eek: What is this "classis" you speak of Kemosabe ?

PHXFLYR:cool:

So I hear the bid trial starts this week.
You heard right. Voir dire (jury selection) starts Tuesday. Eight days of trial are expected.
Word has it that USAPA's attorneys desprately tried to get a continuance and were shot down.
Also true but most defendents do that. Justice delayed is justice denied.
Then in a bid to avoid having to testify some of USAPA's witnesses have been trying to avoid being subpoened - only to get ambushed in the airport.
I don't know about any ambushes but USAPA's attorney did indeed try to get the founding president, Bradford, protected from having to testify.

There's no doubt the plaintiffs have a strong case (and no Eastie has been able to present any legal argument why this isn't a clear case of DFR). But the nine-member jury must vote unanimously for the plaintiffs to prevail so there's no guarantee.

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit."

Last edited:
I believe the quote you're looking for is: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit," but then who really knows?

USAPA is touting the appellate system as the way to go, not much faith in their case in my view! But till the verdict is read, my fingers are crossed.

Last edited:
What's each side going to do if they lose?
My opinon: if USAPA wins the West will continue undermining USAPA at every turn and try to make the East live under LOA 93 forever.

If the West wins USAPA will say, "Oh well, we tried" and eventually try to move forward with negotiations.

Latest resources

Back