• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA saves Jobs on East and West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the East rates ever go back to pre-LOA? Wasn't that LOA supposed to expire December 31?

I'm sure USAPA told their followers they were going to. Riiiiiiiighhhhttt and DOH is going to happen too. For any easties out there I have a nice bridge and some waterfront in Arizona I'd like to sell you.:rolleyes:

To all you former East furloughees at AWA and to all you former US Express pilots out West,who always had a chip on their shoulder against Mainline.

We hear you. You want your Windfall. You think its great that Nic placed 750 East pilots below your bottom pilot. You also think it is great that nic will allow you to start flying 330's to Europe, even though you did not have one single widebody.

When Nic issued the award in 2007, active pilots with 17 years were stapled behind 2 year pilots. you think that is fair. Nic is totally clueless on how pilots tick. Just as his ruling against furloughed AMR pilots in favor of Eagle pilots who never flew a trip at AMR. An abolute disgrace.

How can you justify placing pilots who were in grade school ahead of former East captains. Plain and simple greed.
DOH 1998= DOH 1986
DOH 2005= DOH 1988

AWA pilots sound like Republic pilots trying to justify how Mid Ex pilots should not get DOH. I strongly disagree.

Westies. The only reason you want the Nic is because of the huge Windfall.

How about waiting your turn and not trying to cut in line.

M

Last edited:
Martin, Martin Martin...what are we gonna do with you ,doush ?

You do realize the difference between longevity and seniority, do you not ?

You do realize that said longevity does not neccesarily equate to a senior pilot position at his own airline, especially as long-time struggling one like yours that had more furloughs and cutbacks than growth over the last 15 years or so , right ?

How can you justify NIC placing a 17 year USAIr pilot next to a 2 years, you ask ? Simple. Look where they were on their own seperate seniority lists and see what seat nd position they held. Bet you they where very similar in terms of bid position seat held etc. I know they where in my case.

!998 hire, until recently a B737 reserve Captain out of PHX until recently displaced to a senior F?O position on the 'busuntil displaced due to our furloughs and the fuek spike a few summers back. Got slotted in between 2 slooted in between 2 guys hired at USAir east in 19

Martin, Martin Martin...what are we gonna do with you ,doosh ?

You do realize the difference between longevity and seniority, do you not ?

You do realize that said longevity does not neccesarily equate to a senior pilot position at his own airline, especially as long-time struggling one like yours that had more furloughs and cutbacks than growth over the last 15 years or so , right ?

How can you justify NIC placing a 17 year USAir pilot next to a 2 year AWA pilot , you ask ? Simple. Look where they were on their own seperate seniority lists and see what seat and bid position they held. Bet you they where very similar in terms of bid position seat held etc. I know they where in my case and many others throughout the seniority list. And the sooner you and many others like you wrap your little minds around this fact,then maybe you'l lbe able to focus on negotiating yourself a payraise and get more than your 81/hr top out rate for flying an Airbus. My story...for what its worth...and I'm here to tell ya' that aint much ;)

1998 hire, until recently a B737 reserve Captain out of PHX with 15 reserve Captains junior to me until displaced . Got slotted in between 2 easties that got hired at the original USAir in 1985 . Knowing how you guys are hotwired from my wholly-owned days I think to myself "Uh-Oh ...this can't be good." Then I got to thinking "what do these guys do for their own airline ? " So I take the seniority list that my friend T, (my 1987 hire east pilot bud I went to college with that I mentioned in another post on this webboard ) gave me ; the same list you guys submitted to Nicolau . Care to guess what those 1985 easties held at their own airline, Marty ? The guy one seniority number senior to me was a B737 Reserve Captain out of PHL with 26 reserve captain jr to him, 54 percentile on his old USAir list. Compare that with my 737 reserve slot in PHX . 15 guys underneath me 51 percentil on my old seniority list. On the NIC list I went from 51 percentile to 56 percentile , your east buddy went from 54 percentile to 52 percentile.
Care to explain to me to me what we are fighting about ? Better yet explain that windfall you keep talking about, because honestly we just don't see it out west . ( and before you begin your diatribe, let me state for the record that I have absolutley no desire to fly widebodies to Europe in the middle of the night and run the risk of hauling someone who might be hell-bent on blowing my airplane out from under me so please don't go there, OK ? )

Oh yeah; in case your wondering about the guy one number junior to me ? He was a lifestyle kind of guy and remained as an FO flying the international trips for you guys in the A330. So much for "stovepipe Bidding " , huh ?

...until we meet again :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
To all you former East furloughees at AWA and to all you former US Express pilots out West,who always had a chip on their shoulder against Mainline.

We hear you. You want your Windfall. You think its great that Nic placed 750 East pilots below your bottom pilot. You also think it is great that nic will allow you to start flying 330's to Europe, even though you did not have one single widebody.

When Nic issued the award in 2007, active pilots with 17 years were stapled behind 2 year pilots. you think that is fair. Nic is totally clueless on how pilots tick. Just as his ruling against furloughed AMR pilots in favor of Eagle pilots who never flew a trip at AMR. An abolute disgrace.

How can you justify placing pilots who were in grade school ahead of former East captains. Plain and simple greed.
DOH 1998= DOH 1986
DOH 2005= DOH 1988

AWA pilots sound like Republic pilots trying to justify how Mid Ex pilots should not get DOH. I strongly disagree.

Westies. The only reason you want the Nic is because of the huge Windfall.

How about waiting your turn and not trying to cut in line.

M

You guys complain about a list where the number one pilot from the Aquiring airline is placed below 500 of your guys. What a joke. Talk about greed or is it you're just plain stupid.

Did the East rates ever go back to pre-LOA? Wasn't that LOA supposed to expire December 31?

You funny pilot, Joe. ;)

But seriously, I think it's before the arbitrator. They should hear something probably before the beginning of summer.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Where is this now.....

So it's been like what..... 3 years since the merger was announced? Is this the longest SLI in history or what?

Without getting into the merits of the "Nic" where is the process now? Last I heard, USAPA had been sued, but that was over a year ago it seems.... Is there any end to this SLI process in sight?

Is the strategy just to keep the company separate until enough of the East retires so that the West has the majority again and can vote ALPA back in and implement the list?

I thought the East got some big pay bump as of Jan 2010 because the side letter ran out....did that happen, or is their a greivance about it?

Without the poo slinging, is their really any chance that a SLI and new contract will ever come to a combined US Airways?

Is this the way the CEO likes it because ultimately he is saving money over combining the pilot groups?

Sorry for the questions, but the process seems to have stalled out some.....

I love Flightinfo because this East vs. West thing never gets old. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back