• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA saves Jobs on East and West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all you former East furloughees at AWA and to all you former US Express pilots out West,who always had a chip on their shoulder against Mainline.

We hear you. You want your Windfall. You think its great that Nic placed 750 East pilots below your bottom pilot. You also think it is great that nic will allow you to start flying 330's to Europe, even though you did not have one single widebody.

When Nic issued the award in 2007, active pilots with 17 years were stapled behind 2 year pilots. you think that is fair. Nic is totally clueless on how pilots tick. Just as his ruling against furloughed AMR pilots in favor of Eagle pilots who never flew a trip at AMR. An abolute disgrace.

How can you justify placing pilots who were in grade school ahead of former East captains. Plain and simple greed.
DOH 1998= DOH 1986
DOH 2005= DOH 1988

AWA pilots sound like Republic pilots trying to justify how Mid Ex pilots should not get DOH. I strongly disagree.

Westies. The only reason you want the Nic is because of the huge Windfall.

How about waiting your turn and not trying to cut in line.

M

WHEN NIC issued his list is completely IRRELEVANT. You know the PID was a full two years earlier...you remember that right, that's the time that someone really close to you was UNEMPLOYED from US Air. That person brought a total of *jacksh^t* to the merger.

Why would someone, with exactly NOTHING to offer think they should get ANYTHING in a merger?

Nic. didn't think so either...or the West...or the Judge...or the Jury..or the company...or the arbitrators of DL/NW...or the 9th....starting to see a pattern here?

Why would someone, with exactly NOTHING to offer think they should get ANYTHING in a merger?

Nic. didn't think so either...or the West...or the Judge...or the Jury..or the company...or the arbitrators of DL/NW...or the 9th....starting to see a pattern here?

This should be said over, over, over and over again. I'm going to copy and paste it and whenever an Eastie cries "it's just not fair", I'm going to post it.

Sorry to burst your Pro-UCRAPA bubble but the company NEVER had any intention of furloughing West pilots in the first place. Hogg and Bular have been privately stating this since before Thanksgiving...I know. I was standing right there. USAPA didn't save a single West job.

Beckett -

So your management? "standing right there" during a private conversation?

Metrojet

Beckett -

So your management? "standing right there" during a private conversation?

Metrojet

No. Bular was in the crewroom. He was having an impromptu conversation with a group of pilots. One of them was slated for furlough. Bular, very plainly said that he shouldn't worry about it as he really didn't think it was going to happen. That was in Mid November. I was standing right there because that's where airline pilots stand....in the crew room.

So it's been like what..... 3 years since the merger was announced? Is this the longest SLI in history or what?
The merger closed in September 2005.
Without getting into the merits of the "Nic" where is the process now?
Awaiting a joint contract.
Last I heard, USAPA had been sued, but that was over a year ago it seems....
Last May they lost the DFR suit by unanimous jury decision. The appeal was heard last December so we expect their verdict at any time.
Is there any end to this SLI process in sight? Is the strategy just to keep the company separate until enough of the East retires so that the West has the majority again and can vote ALPA back in and implement the list?
The East's strategy is indeed to delay getting a new contract. That also happens to be management's strategy. Two groups truly made for each other.
I thought the East got some big pay bump as of Jan 2010 because the side letter ran out....did that happen, or is their a greivance about it?
It didn't happen and the grievance is being heard right now. I believe they did get a scheduled 3% raise though.
Without the poo slinging, is their really any chance that a SLI and new contract will ever come to a combined US Airways?
Yes, of course there's a chance. When a TA is finally presented the Easties might decide they've had enough of their bankruptcy era contract. Only one way to find out.
Is this the way the CEO likes it because ultimately he is saving money over combining the pilot groups?
Running an airline with two different pilot and FA groups on totally different contracts -- and not being able to mix the two is a very costly way to operate. The bean counters figure it's still cheaper than giving everyone a pay raise.
Sorry for the questions, but the process seems to have stalled out some.....
Never apologize for seeking knowledge.

WHEN NIC issued his list is completely IRRELEVANT. You know the PID was a full two years earlier...you remember that right, that's the time that someone really close to you was UNEMPLOYED from US Air. That person brought a total of *jacksh^t* to the merger.

Because Nic is an idiot and needs to be taken off the NMB list. Go ask the TWA guys/gals why they get to be furloughed again and be placed below Eagle pilots that never sat 1 day in an American cockpit or ground school. The man is clearly off his rocker these days.

To all you former East furloughees at AWA and to all you former US Express pilots out West,who always had a chip on their shoulder against Mainline.

We hear you. You want your Windfall. You think its great that Nic placed 750 East pilots below your bottom pilot. You also think it is great that nic will allow you to start flying 330's to Europe, even though you did not have one single widebody.

When Nic issued the award in 2007, active pilots with 17 years were stapled behind 2 year pilots. you think that is fair. Nic is totally clueless on how pilots tick. Just as his ruling against furloughed AMR pilots in favor of Eagle pilots who never flew a trip at AMR. An abolute disgrace.

How can you justify placing pilots who were in grade school ahead of former East captains. Plain and simple greed.
DOH 1998= DOH 1986
DOH 2005= DOH 1988

AWA pilots sound like Republic pilots trying to justify how Mid Ex pilots should not get DOH. I strongly disagree.

Westies. The only reason you want the Nic is because of the huge Windfall.

How about waiting your turn and not trying to cut in line.

M

Yep that's what you get when YOUR company is 2 weeks from closing the doors.

In DP's own words "we didn't have time to do a prenup (pre merger), USAirway was going away" - Source Crew News July 2009

The nic is fair, the only reason it seems unfair is the USAirways was so screwed up, so bad, that the junior guy on the active list (the next one to go out the door) had 16 years on the property, sorry you don't get rewarded for that!

Sorry you don't like it but, people got grouped (under the nic) by the position they held premerger.

Are you saying a senior AWA captain should be displaced, downgraded to give a bottom of reserve east fo the slot he thinks he deserves?

Latest resources

Back