• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA resignation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Judge Wake welcomes USAPA's counsel back to the desert. Just like the good ol days. :D

The Court having reviewed the Plaintiff's Motion to Transfer Related Case, Pursuant to
LRCiv 42.1 (Doc. 642) filed on July 27, 2010, and the Plaintiff's Rule 60( B ) Motion for
Relief from the Judgment Dismissing for Lack of Ripeness (Doc. 645) filed on August 6,
2010, along with any applicable response or reply, and good cause appearing,
IT IS ORDERED setting Oral Argument on October 12, 2010 at 10 a.m. in front of
Judge Neil V. Wake at 401 W. Washington, Phoenix, Az. 85003 (Courtroom 504).
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that counsel who reside out-of-state may participate in the
proceedings telephonically by calling Chambers approximately 5-10
minutes prior to the start of the hearing.
DATED this 4th day of October, 2010.

Neil V. Wake
United States District Judge

Wow. If this isn't a conflict of interest....

Which one of you guys is married to his daughter...or son?

Wow. If this isn't a conflict of interest....

Which one of you guys is married to his daughter...or son?

I smell a conspiracy theory. Might be good material for a Clancy novel but not based on fact.

Care to elaborate? :cool:

I smell a conspiracy theory. Might be good material for a Clancy novel but not based on fact.

Care to elaborate? :cool:

It's pretty obvious that "THIS" judge has a DOG in "THIS" fight...
Even after the 9Th's SMACK-DOWN, he continues to pursue anything and everything associated with THIS case...
What's the matter NO OTHER civil action cases out there in Phoenix??

Ah, yes, another conspiracy. I remember when an AWA pilot wrote on a message board in jest that he had a cousin on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Next thing you know, counselor $eham is actually filing a motion with the court fearing a conflict of interest. Judge Wake knows how to handle $eham and it looks like he'll get the chance to do so again.

Ah, yes, another conspiracy. I remember when an AWA pilot wrote on a message board in jest that he had a cousin on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Next thing you know, counselor $eham is actually filing a motion with the court fearing a conflict of interest. Judge Wake knows how to handle $eham and it looks like he'll get the chance to do so again.

Yeah...Judge Wake sure did a FINE job. That is why HIS ruling was OVERTURNED!!!! HELLO... You WEST guys are like the kid that kept hitting his fingers with a hammer because it felt so much better when he stopped???

Even after the 9Th's SMACK-DOWN

We have a response to the so-called smack-down: ;)

Yesterday, attorneys for the West pilots filed our appeal to the Supreme Court of the United States. Submission of a petition (in legal parlance, a “writ of certiorari” or just “writ,”) to the Supreme Court is different from filings in all other courts, both federal and state. A writ must be printed and submitted via exacting specifications – font, paper size and weight, number of copies, margins, etc. – and then mailed . . . as in USPS. USAPA will have an opportunity to respond before the writ is considered by the Supreme Court. It will take at least four of the Justices to agree to hear our case. If that happens, then there will be another round of briefs filed followed by oral arguments sometime next Spring.

The writ clearly explains the negative implications of the Ninth’s opinion on not only the West, but on the airline industry itself and on organized labor as a whole. The Ninth has basically created a situation where the majority within a union can stop the entire collective bargaining process simply because they do not like the result of arbitration. Already we have seen that the Ninth’s decision created a precarious position for US Airways. It might be easy and antiseptic to tell union members they must wait until the completion of negotiations before they have a ripe DFR claim, but such a rule does nothing to address the reality of RLA negotiations.

Last edited:
Yeah...Judge Wake sure did a FINE job. That is why HIS ruling was OVERTURNED!!!! HELLO... You WEST guys are like the kid that kept hitting his fingers with a hammer because it felt so much better when he stopped???

Not Ripe is a smackdown? Did you even read the brief? The 9 also told USAPA to proceed with caution and fairness, if they didn't DFR2 was coming and was going to be ripe. Did they listen? Guess what coming around the corner?

Not Ripe is a smackdown? Did you even read the brief? The 9 also told USAPA to proceed with caution and fairness, if they didn't DFR2 was coming and was going to be ripe. Did they listen? Guess what coming around the corner?

I did read THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT.. and yes it was a SMACK-DOWN!! The fact that judge Wake even allowed a trial on the merritts without ripeness just shows how biased and WRONG he was....

Supreme Court?? Good luck with that one. I actually encourage it. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the END OF THE ROAD on this topic.....

I did read THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT.. and yes it was a SMACK-DOWN!! The fact that judge Wake even allowed a trial on the merritts without ripeness just shows how biased and WRONG he was....

Supreme Court?? Good luck with that one. I actually encourage it. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the END OF THE ROAD on this topic.....

So you think you are going to win a DFR2 that will be ripe? It's all the judge fault nothing you did...Maybe you shouldn't have signed on the dotted line for "binding Arbitration" then your ass wouldn't be in court day in, day out. Just saying...

Everything in life has closure.... In the END we'll all know who was right...

Latest resources

Back