• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Doesn't Have It Together

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if ALPA was plotting to disenfranchise 1800 pilots wouldn't you be jumping up and down and screaming bloody murder? Yet it's OK for USAPA to do that? It's a shame that a perceptive critic of the current state of affairs at ALPA such as yourself has chosen to marginalize himself with his support for the misguided imbeciles running the East show.

USAPA and this Charlie Foxtrot wouldn't be happening if ALPA had dealt with the issue of seniority and the resulting p!$$ing contest that always results in these cases...We are seeing it on the DAL/NWA threads also......I'm not pro-USAPA....I'm anti-ALPA.....

This could be the wake-up call ALPA needs.....

Don't forget the AWA folks almost dumped ALPA several years ago.....

The current structure of ALPA encourages this "every man for themselves" battle.....The smaller group usually loses....

Hey Bud,

If it's so easy, then why have the 'yellow ones' made very little progress? I mean, your feasability study from 20 years ago said it should be a snap right?!?! All signs currently point towards lesser protections, products and services if ANY AT ALL. 3 weeks and counting...the promises are starting to unravel.

Maybe you should email the USAPA folks and offer to help...they seem to be waiting for ALPA to tell them what they need to set up. You might want to call their bank too and encourage them to extend their credit line - that seems to be a pressing issue as well.

USAPA is a scam - it's not a union. There is no comparison to be made with a group whose premise is built on disenfranchising over 30% of it's members.

Thanks for the comments, though, BUD - they were truly useless.

What would happen if USAPA was elected and could not deliver on any of the items previously mentioned?

This is not meant to flame, just a question from someone not in the know.

There would be a sh^tstorm of blame and finger pointing on the East saying, but "you told us it was simple...the execution of the constitution & bylaws garaunteed us DOH." As usual, no one will take responsibility or admit that it was a path to failure that they willingly voted for. A stupid gamble indeed.

To be short, if USAPA wins you wil get to see exactly this as they slowly fail to make good on each and every empty promise they have made.

A union that by nature divides and disenfranchises its own will fail as a organization and, in turn, will fail us all. USAPA offers nothing concrete except feel good taglines and promises from a lawyer who gets paid to forward your agenda. Reality will be a huge wakeup call to FO Bradford.

A union that by nature divides and disenfranchises its own will fail as a organization and, in turn, will fail us all. USAPA offers nothing concrete except feel good taglines and promises from a lawyer who gets paid to forward your agenda. Reality will be a huge wakeup call to FO Bradford.

The very same could be said of ALPA.....Your statement is correct about any union....it applies to ALPA also....

The very same could be said of ALPA.....Your statement is correct about any union....it applies to ALPA also....

How so Joe?

can you also tell us how the National Sen List would work?

Also, not sure if you replied.. How much did the RJDC cost you guys?

So do any of you ALPA flag wavers think there will be much unity on the AAA property even if ALPA stays? I don't see it happening either way.......

Actually, there was great unity on the property right up until the point where Nicolau released the award. We had picketing demonstrations and progress was being made on a joint contract. It can be that way again if USAPA is voted down and we can put this silliness behind us. Don't get me wrong, I know ALPA has its' faults, but a union is only as good as its members and their level of commitment. The problems can be fixed IF we can do away with the apathy that plagues most airline pilots these days.

Actually, there was great unity on the property right up until the point where Nicolau released the award. We had picketing demonstrations and progress was being made on a joint contract. It can be that way again if USAPA is voted down and we can put this silliness behind us. Don't get me wrong, I know ALPA has its' faults, but a union is only as good as its members and their level of commitment. The problems can be fixed IF we can do away with the apathy that plagues most airline pilots these days.

Seniority trumps all "brotherhood" in this business.....You said yourself that it was Nicolau that started this.....Stopping USAPA doesn't change the Nicolau award....If you want to stop USAPA....you have to come up with a more fair integration method.....

It has been said that the 3 most important things in this business are seniority, seniority, and seniority....Screw with that and there won't be any unity....no matter who the union is.....

Seniority trumps all "brotherhood" in this business.....You said yourself that it was Nicolau that started this.....Stopping USAPA doesn't change the Nicolau award....If you want to stop USAPA....you have to come up with a more fair integration method.....

So by your logic... Voting in USAPA doesn't change the Nic award.

Hmmm.. seems that is what was trying to be accomplished with the Rice Committee. So why the need for USAPA. What is USAPA going to do differently?

It has been said that the 3 most important things in this business are seniority, seniority, and seniority....Screw with that and there won't be any unity....no matter who the union is.....

No matter who the union is? Then whats this USAPA business... ??

Gee Joe... some one else posted what I've been posting... so .. is he a cheerleader too?

What would happen if USAPA was elected and could not deliver on any of the items previously mentioned?

This is not meant to flame, just a question from someone not in the know.

I don't know anymore than the next guy, but I expect that if USAPA gets in then they will eventually change back to ALPA after their list run and this potential merger run in the industry is over. Probably sometime before UsAPA gets to negotiate a 2nd contract.

Latest resources

Back