USAirways West Bidding Procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey ALGFLYR,

If there's a flowthru, why does the AAA MEC continue to negotiate "flowthru" with the PSA MEC?

Are you saying the PSA MEC is sooooo stupid that they waste their time negotiating for a "flowthru" that already exists?

BeCareful! said:
Hey ALGFLYR,

If there's a flowthru, why does the AAA MEC continue to negotiate "flowthru" with the PSA MEC?

Are you saying the PSA MEC is sooooo stupid that they waste their time negotiating for a "flowthru" that already exists?

Because the antics of PDT effectively ended the flow-thru in place. They decided not to honor parts of that document and it seems to have ended the program. They didn't even care until the merger was announced, now they are eager to make sure it's in place.

Green said:
These are probably the only pilots EVER to get hired at a legacy airline without ever having to interview.
Eagle pilots had a flowthrough to AA. No interview.

Did PDT require a furloughed U pilot to resign their U senority inorder to be hired? If so, do know if any foughed U pilot went over?

Not sure about PDT, but ALG did not make you resign your number. Several furloughed U pilots went to ALG after the initial furlough

Yeah and we got furloughed 6 months later. Hows that for charma!!

Hey Guys....just found out from a buddy whoo is GLUED to the Negotiations with the West. There saying that from the snapshop of both crews when it was announced last spring that the negotiations in front of the Arbitrator will start with that...
Basically, this was what I thought would happen all along....End Result will come down to who actually was on the senority list for each company when the stock went public last fall...Some on the AWA side are still saying it should be when the announcement was made..

Down side for the JFJ GUYS is they will not be included until they are recognized as true players...at this plays out alot of guys are uncertain..

Sorry to Break the News Boys. Either way...with the Retirements we should all be back in the saddle within five years. Cost will be approx 5.5 m

ALGFLYR said:
Because the antics of PDT effectively ended the flow-thru in place. They decided not to honor parts of that document and it seems to have ended the program. They didn't even care until the merger was announced, now they are eager to make sure it's in place.

I'll betcha I could get a mainline ALPO guy to refute your "facts" there. You're telling me PDT management had some "antics" and that changed a contract with mainline and all the w/o? I'm not sure how gullible you think the readers of this board are, but some folks here might just surprise you.

On one level, I wish you well in your fight for AAA credibility since it would help people like me, but let's be real for a moment: your fight is really to jump ahead of all the guys on the CEL who used to be senior to you at the w/o's. Am I right?

Otherwise, what are you really fighting for? Are you just trying to justify your new position at PSA? You'll loose that fight on your first trip after IOE.....those FO's are pissed!

Contract said:
There saying that from the snapshop of both crews when it was announced last spring that the negotiations in front of the Arbitrator will start with that...
Sorry if this is news to you but it's common knowledge (and precedented). Specifically, the snapshot date coincides with the PID which occured around the time of the closing (one year ago). My source is the vice-chair of the AWA Merger Committee.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back