• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways off the runway at PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Carl S - so nice to be a genius - all we have are a few pictures showing a collapsed n/g and a tail strike
Don't you think you should wait to hear cvr / fdr / ecam messages / crew interview before you have an answer?

Either your still on the 757 - or you have very little time in an airbus - sometimes you can get multiple spurious ecam messages , I had an ADR on Mel once and on touchdown we had multiple flight control computer / rudder messages - luckily it was on landing and not on takeoff

Metrojet

All those spurious ECAM messages are inhibited on takeoff once above 80kts.

Easties sure are defensive about this tail strike event. Some one please post that nice 20 foot tail scrape photo to swing the fence sitters on our early view in what we "think" caused this. The west has scrapped a few (N635AW) but no where near as many as your hull wreaking crews out East. What is it again 5 or 6 since the AWA merger to our zero? I love the ECAM defense...learn your systems before you post genius!!! Past V1 and it is time to go flying in 99.999% of situations...

Last edited:
Yep! Project Zanzibar ! Look it up idiot. Awa was doomed
You're lucky to be at Airways. Amerucan wanted the lucritive east operation. Phoenix... Not so much
Enjoy your pathetic life in PHX for the next TEN years.

You are correct ,expect that AA would have bought what they wanted at a fire sale .

Easties sure are defensive about this tail strike event. Some one please post that nice 20 foot tail scrape photo to swing the fence sitters on our early view in what we "think" caused this. The west has scrapped a few (N635AW) but no where near as many as your hull wreaking crews out East. What is it again 5 or 6 since the AWA merger to our zero? I love the ECAM defense...learn your systems before you post genius!!! Past V1 and it is time to go flying in 99.999% of situations...

Sh!t happens! Swiss had one last week on a go-around. SW had one on an 800 that totaled the airframe. How many 321s does the west have vs. the east. How many sectors are being flown daily? How challenging is the approach/airport? What's the equipment variety (319, 320, 321) of those pilots?

Your reasoning reminds me of an arrogant check airman I met many years ago of a German-speaking legacy carrier who condescended to his southern European colleagues. Too bad they had to fish out the left-over parts of their MD-11 in the North Atlantic a couple of weeks later.

Carl you are quite the all knowing "Duu$h~bag" Arent Cha? :puke:

Last edited:
Sh!t happens! Swiss had one last week on a go-around. SW had one on an 800 that totaled the airframe. How many 321s does the west have vs. the east. How many sectors are being flown daily? How challenging is the approach/airport? What's the equipment variety (319, 320, 321) of those pilots?

Your reasoning reminds me of an arrogant check airman I met many years ago of a German-speaking legacy carrier who condescended to his southern European colleagues. Too bad they had to fish out the left-over parts of their MD-11 in the North Atlantic a couple of weeks later.

You are worng. The SWA aircraft you think you know about was not totaled .

I have seen the picture

Latest resources

Back