• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways off the runway at PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are inhibited during landing as well.

Most ECAM messages are inhibited during takeoff above 80 knots up thru 1,500 agl and then on approach from 2,000 to touchdown.
I will correct my statement - they occurred during landing rollout ie touchdown / landing - not approach

Just like a 12 step program, lets start with baby steps...Has the East ever screwed up a hull loss or is it always someone or something other than their fault? Your arrogance is what I am trying to vett out...

Interesting initial report. Makes the tail scrape seem even odder.

It may not make it odder. It might show that He may have hit Vr (because it's safe to say he went past v1) pitched up and come off the ground maybe 20 or 30 feet that some people have witnessed. He got the smoke/fire warning and grab the throttles and pull them to idle. You are already at a slow speed and high angle of attack and come slamming back down on the mains with that high pitch causing the massive scrapping the tail. At the same time he's pushing forward hard on the stick causing the nose to come slamming back to the ground so hard the nose gear collapses.

Again I don't know what exactly happened but to me it doesn't make the tail scrape seem even odder.

Latest resources

Back