• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore. the new union is based on DOH. nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.

Contract Law. Not RLA. Breach of Contract...it's a term you'll hear again. Using your logic, it would mean that a DFR suit has never been successfully prosecuted. That's simply not true. USAPA will be another one.

Last edited:
What are you East guys gonna do if the courts side with us and decide to uphold the Nic award?

If one reads the law suit it is abundantly obvious that the judge is asked to "enforce" the NIC as a negotiated position, thus the judge is not even asked to require it to be a part of the next CBA.

If the judge grants the request to "enforce" it as a negotiated position then fine. Perhaps the law suit should be amended to "enforce" how each member must vote on the negotiated position. :laugh:

If one reads the law suit it is abundantly obvious that the judge is asked to "enforce" the NIC as a negotiated position, thus the judge is not even asked to require it to be a part of the next CBA.

If the judge grants the request to "enforce" it as a negotiated position then fine. Perhaps the law suit should be amended to "enforce" how each member must vote on the negotiated position. :laugh:

Wrong again. It's an Arbitrated Position violated by bad faith negotiating and a failure of the DFR. Forget RLA and "majority vote" because it's worthless when the governing contracts were breached (by the company and the majority) with impunity. The Judge will hear this shortly.

as far as I understand the court has nothing to do with it anymore. the new union is based on DOH. nic is gone. even if some court somewhere said you guys have to use nic, asapa could just say ok, then make a resolution and vote to toss it out (and it would get tossed as long as there are more east than west). a court can't tell a union or any other organization how to organize itself.

Wrong, wrong, wrong,

USAPA inherited the TA which explicitly states that ALPA Merger Policy will govern the merging of the seniority lists.

USAPA can make all the resolutions they want, but they can't make a resolution to change the TA. They have to renegotiate it with the Company.

Not likely to happen.

Not likely to happen.

They'll try. However, the DFR suit is already filed. Anybody with a rectal temp. above 70 degrees can see what USAPAs real intention is. Staple the West.

You have to realize that the Easties that are posting here are getting their info. from the same sleazes that lied to them in the first place. Example: Oh yeah don't worry guys Nic will give us DOH and staple the aquiring airlines pilots.:laugh:
What did they do the first time they didn't get their staple job? It's the same thing they'll do this time. Kick, scream, and cry like a bunch of babies.:crying:

CAPT ZALLAI............[quote= Oh,never mind. If 3 days of flying together discussing the issues won't convince you how ill conceived this entire merger was and is, from the initial announcement of the merger itself back in May 2005 to the decertifying of ALPA in April of this year,then nothing will.:rolleyes: Know this. When you chose to join UsAirways you chose to join an airline that unfortunatley is in the middle of the mother of all labor battles, a battle that will not be over anytime soon. You claim to have friends both east and west . Did you call them and ask them about the strained relationship between the east and west pilot group before you made your decision to come over ? Did you read any of the Arbitration hearing transcripts since you joined us this past spring ,or the Nicolau ruling including the explanation as to how he ruled like he did and the reasons why ? How about ALPA Merger policy. Do you know why DOH was removed years ago. Do you know what airline was instrumental in it's removal and the reasons why ? You might want to take the time to do so. Maybe then you'll come away with a better understanding of why we are where we are today and how your posts are nothing more than wishful thinking on your part.

See you out there....

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

UM, not exactly.
Let's say I have a $300,000 mortgage and decide to change my name from Jon Doe to Jack Schitt!
Does that mean that I can now disregard my mortgage payments that come in to Jon Doe?
It doesn't quite work that way. Much as the eastholes would have you think like that

Good luck to the Oct 4th furloughs.! I was hoping they'd be canceled but looks like they will stick. Hopefully, they wont let anymore go this year. But from what I hear guys on reserve aren't flying much...so we'll see.

Guy in my cpad got Dec letter-so, those who say otherwise regarding "no furloughs"-NOT TRUE!! It's coming, so be proactive and find a job or a sugar mama!

Latest resources

Back