• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you're ultimate loyalty sure is to the republican party isn't it? more than your country, more than you career, more than your company.

It's not a loyalty issue (although loyalty, when deserved, is an admirable virtue). It's about who will work with both sides to create the alliances that make politics work.

Obama is the steamroll strategy where he and Pelosi and Reid jam their agenda through while the world laughs at the USA finally getting the lashing they feel it's always deserved.

McCain is the polar opposite of loyalty to the republicans. He needs to mend fences in both directions and yet hold the extreme left in check. He can re-make politics in Washington by breaking the partisan logjam.

Obama can eloquently say many things, but that isn't one of them.

..We'll see you in court ...

Frankly I don't have an issue with ALPA accept that it sold its union principles in exchange for pragmatism to maximize dues decades ago. This train wreck was inevitable. It just took awhile to erupt to the point it wasn't containable.

The present debacle of acrimony (between groups of pilots that paid dues to one Master) is testimony to the fact that ALPA boldly established many "sides" ... and abandoned both sides in a futile attempt to preserve the dues of both. It wasn't personal. It was just business. Business became preeminent above representation long before AWA and USair ever looked at merging.

If ALPA had been able to remain a union after deregulation then pilots wouldn't be left to seek remedy through lawful means outside of the "union".

Frankly I don't begrudge you at all for doing everything you can within the law.. you didn't have a union then and don't appear to believe you have one now.

Best of luck.

Not exactly since it is two seperate pilot groups. You seem to forget that.

you guys where banging the one pilot group drum along w/ mgmt. when the union vote was out.

I would love to be two seperate pilot groups - AWA would still be w/ ALPA and you'd be swirling in the toilet w/ the USAPA turd by yourself.

i think you don't understand obama - but we can have that talk on another thread- in the meantime- AAA: get your head out of your arse

Frankly I don't have an issue with ALPA accept that it sold its union principles in exchange for pragmatism to maximize dues decades ago. This train wreck was inevitable. It just took awhile to erupt to the point it wasn't containable.

The present debacle of acrimony (between groups of pilots that paid dues to one Master) is testimony to the fact that ALPA boldly established many "sides" ... and abandoned both sides in a futile attempt to preserve the dues of both. It wasn't personal. It was just business. Business became preeminent above representation long before AWA and USair ever looked at merging.

If ALPA had been able to remain a union after deregulation then pilots wouldn't be left to seek remedy through lawful means outside of the "union".

Frankly I don't begrudge you at all for doing everything you can within the law.. you didn't have a union then and don't appear to believe you have one now.

Best of luck.

I have to agree with the above statement. I attended a meeting wherein highly paid ALPA folks were peeing all over themselves over the prospect of losing our dues money. They wanted the AWA guys to cave in on concessions to the Nic and did'nt care what kind of precedent that would set for binding arbitration. Where they really screwed up was by not presenting the list to Parker immediately and pressing on with negotiations.

Not exactly since it is two seperate pilot groups. You seem to forget that.

I'll call your "not exactly" and raise you another "not exactly". Section II; paragraph 7 of the Transition Agreement states that any "Third List" pilots as JUNIOR to all AWA & AAA pilots. LCC is furloughing out of seniority and even date of hire sequence (45 and still counting)!!

Further, section IV; paragraph 2 states that a furloughed pilot may not displace / bump an active pilot. Since we had a half dozen or better former AAA pilots set to be furloughed from the west that should have been the end of it. Sending those furloughed pilots over to the east (boy, that was a quiet operation wan't it?), that managed to displace 6 or more active pilots on the east.

One thing that you may not know about us here in the west is that we are INFORMED. We READ the rules that guide our pilot group. During the merger process we were given access to the Arbitration and Mediation process (transcripts). We don't make stuff up because it sounds good. Our leaders didn't mask the truth of the process.

We will not roll over. We will not capitulate. We will not comply until and if every other avenue has been attempted.

We have had a number of contributions from other pilots and other labor groups to our causes. USAPA filed an appeal to sue 18-24 of our pilots (after the original lawsuit had been dismissed). For those of you that are spectators of this event and wish to help the AWA financially:

The Army of Leonidas address is:​

Leonidas LLC
2650 FM 407, Ste. 145-147
Bartonville, TX 76226

The AWA Pilot (Cactus 18) Defense Trust address is:​

AWA Pilots Legal Defense Trust
3626 West Glass Lane
Phoenix, Arizona 85041

The AWA pilots wish to thank all supporters of our ordeal. Your kind words, wishes and contributions are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!​

Its kind of like MDA I guess. MDA pilots could not bid either. So if MDA could not bid and AWA pilots could not bid certain positions ,does that put AWA and MDA pilots in the same category. According to AWA pilots MDA pilots were not Mainline because of the mere fact they were not allowed to bid certain positions.

M

Okay then... if you are not seperate then why don't you guys just bid over to PHL A320 positions.

Feel free to repeat yourself over and over.

Do you know why the farmer hit his ass over the head with the 2x4? TO GET HIS UNDIVIDED ATTENTION.

I'll see you in Philly right after the NMB and Dept. of Labor forces USAPA to act like it "represents 5000 US Airways Pilots". I'll buy the Rolling Rock if you buy the sandwiches. BTW...if you are senior to me on the Nic, I'll be tickled pick to throw your gear Captain!

Latest resources

Back