• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo numb nuts. Delta had Express written on their 737 back in 2000. I guess that means they were not mainline pilots flying Delta Express.

M

Great point!

You two make a great couple. Do I hear wedding bells?

You missed my point entirely. So I'll dumb it down for you.

Let's go ahead and paint express on the whole fleet, A330 to E190, then we can all work for 50% less. Get the point now?

I understood you just fine so let me counter with a simplified response that perhaps YOU can comprehend. It doesn't really matter what livery the aircraft is painted in. What matters is who do the pilots WORK for. If the aircraft looks like all the others parked at all the adjacent gates but there is a "Operated by _____" sticker or stamp visible on the aircraft, the pilots are NOT flying for the mainline carrier. Scream, shout, and pound your chest all you want but flying for MDA was NOT flying for USAir. When East/West merger process began, it was "mainline" plus "mainline", period. The beef the MDA guys seem to have is nobody went to bat for them regarding a flow through that had evidently been promised. I agree, that sucks and they (you?) got screwed.

1) The America West pilots did not screw you. Perhaps the Doug or Scott did, but the West didn't.
2) It wasn't the West pilots responsibility to go to bat for you, particularly in light of the fact the East was trying advance a list with MDA pilots on it solely as a means to advance their own seniority interests.

I'm surprised the MDA pilot's frustrations aren't aimed at the East pilots who seem to have subsequently failed to demonstrate even a shred of support or unity after MDA was sold off. Maybe I miss read the entire situation...except the part about MDA being the "Embrier Division" of USAir. That's pure folly.

With that said, I'm a big advocate of in-house regional carriers with a guaranteed flow through because I think it's a win-win for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Scream, shout, and pound your chest all you want but flying for MDA was NOT flying for USAir. When East/West merger process began, it was "mainline" plus "mainline", period. The beef the MDA guys seem to have is nobody went to bat for them regarding a flow through that had evidently been promised. I agree, that sucks and they (you?) got screwed.

I'm surprised the MDA pilot's frustrations aren't aimed at the East pilots who seem to have subsequently failed to demonstrate even a shred of support or unity after MDA was sold off. Maybe I miss read the entire situation...except the part about MDA being the "Embrier Division" of USAir. That's pure folly.

With that said, I'm a big advocate of in-house regional carriers with a guaranteed flow through because I think it's a win-win for everyone involved.

I don't think you understand what happened there... MDA was ALWAYS US Airways. All the MDA pilots were on the US Airways seniority list AND they still are.The pilots that came there under a "flow-thru" were placed on the mainline list and they still hold their positions on that list. They range from 190 Captains to FO's on the 330 all they way down to the 190 (by choice of course). I think the flow-thru guys at MDA are happy to be where they are. They knew what they were getting into when they left their wholly owned carrier. The rub is that even though they were officially on the US Airways mainline seniority list, the West tried to have them removed. With no flowback provisions, that would have essentially meant getting fired with no job. The US Airways MEC certainly made sure they were protected...

The rub is that even though they were officially on the US Airways mainline seniority list, the West tried to have them removed.
Let's just make something clear here: we're talking about seniority integration arguments before an arbitrator. Nobody tried to get anybody terminated. In light of the upcoming SLI arbitration with the AA pilots everybody needs to get some thicker skin because a lot of infuriating things are going to be stated there.

It's 100% the East's fault we'll be entering this process a divided group so get ready to choke on that too.

Let's just make something clear here: we're talking about seniority integration arguments before an arbitrator. Nobody tried to get anybody terminated. In light of the upcoming SLI arbitration with the AA pilots everybody needs to get some thicker skin because a lot of infuriating things are going to be stated there.

It's 100% the East's fault we'll be entering this process a divided group so get ready to choke on that too.

Horse hockey!!!! You seem to forget it was the west that stormed out of negotiations at Why River. You seem to gloss over the fact the west has sued there own union! You need to figure who is to really blame here

Latest resources

Back