• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways Bid results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please tell me you don't think that the only leadership can come from the east. USAPA needs to give serious consideration to a West President and see what can be gained from a group with many years experience dealing with Tempe.

Way to go taking that quote completely out of context. If you had kept quoting the next sentence, you would have answered your own question. (Unless you were just trying to be a prick, then disregard). I believe I said we need West support (this was aimed at the East guys that claim we don't need it and can get a contract without it), we need East support (including all of the warring factions), and we have to have unity with EVERYONE involved.

Where did I say anything about an East leader????? I could care less which side the leadership comes from, as long as they're ethical, intelligent, and want to build unity. Although, now that I read your posts, I'm starting to think that you believe only a west leader can deal with Team Tempe and the Sandcastle. That's as crazy as the FOC's that think they can do anything without West support......

What has this delay bought the east pilots that are already lineholding captains? Please don't say advancement to widebody....that's not enough.

Yep, I bet a few dozen or more westies will probably bid captain and FO slots in PHL and CLT. I'm not sure how many would want the widebodies. Don't you think and equal number, or more, easties would bid PHX? I mean, you do have a bigger pilot group and a bunch of your ex-PSA guys still live out west.

It's unfortunate that your fear of the unknown prevents you from making a rational decision.

Guppie,

Not really a fear of the unknown, I was asked a question about a particular seniority block and responded as such. I was not asked in regards to what a mid level line holding capt thinks..... Not in that position. Sure there are some ex psa guys still around, good friends with one. Funny thing is, he has about 13 months left. Wonder what the average age of the PSA guys that still live on the west coast are. I'd probably bet they have 5 yrs or less left.....on average. What's the average age of a West guy going East? I'd say he is closer to the 15-20 yr range?!?!?

One thing to consider as far as a west USAPA president goes is that the west has been dealing with Dougweiser and Scooter for many years now(pre merger). At any rate some fresh ideas may prove helpful in moving the ball down the field.

And Dougie and Scooter are vastly superior to Gangwal, Wolf, et al???

I mean, Dougie arrived when? around 2000? CEO '01. And kirby, came from where? So at most, 4 years extra of dealing with them.....

Guppie,

Not really a fear of the unknown, I was asked a question about a particular seniority block and responded as such. I was not asked in regards to what a mid level line holding capt thinks..... Not in that position. Sure there are some ex psa guys still around, good friends with one. Funny thing is, he has about 13 months left. Wonder what the average age of the PSA guys that still live on the west coast are. I'd probably bet they have 5 yrs or less left.....on average. What's the average age of a West guy going East? I'd say he is closer to the 15-20 yr range?!?!?

It is fear of the unknown. You believe that every vacancy out east will be filled by a west pilot. That is irrational thinking.

Are you assuming that the average age of our mid-level captains is 45 to 50? Just because our company is relatively new, that does not mean that our pilots are a bunch of snot nosed kids. Come to think of it, I bet the average age of our FO's is 45 to 50.

If I understand you correctly, you think it would be fair for a west guy to bid east, but only if he 60 years old or older.

One thing to consider as far as a west USAPA president goes is that the west has been dealing with Dougweiser and Scooter for many years now(pre merger). At any rate some fresh ideas may prove helpful in moving the ball down the field.
Well, there you go! A solution to the conomdrum! Elect a West prez, accept the NIC, and the east will be rewarded with an industry leading contract!! Superb, when do I vote?........

Last edited:
No, you will still suffer the consequences of the disaster you created in USAPA. But, yes you will see progress and you will see a vast improvement over Cleary has done.

Nic will be accepted due to binding arbitration being upheld. That's due to the law being observed, not because the West was being rewarded.

And Dougie and Scooter are vastly superior to Gangwal, Wolf, et al???

I mean, Dougie arrived when? around 2000? CEO '01. And kirby, came from where? So at most, 4 years extra of dealing with them.....

Dougie is "Franke-lite" and the tuition for those lessons was very expensive and should not be carelessly tossed aside in ignorance.

There is no true contract talks going on right now, so it is all window dressing till the SLI drama plays out and then a team of East and West pilots will try to get what they can from the Team Tempe group. Anything done by USAPA is a joke and will be redone down the road. Hopefully the injuction will not neuter the pilot group too much more than it has already done. Word is several USAPA members of the NAC have jumped ship effective 1/12 and the safety idiot chair has also jumped ship. The rats are getting off the SS USAPA very fast lately.

Latest resources

Back