• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the spirit of the thread. I do not see it as worthwhile for someone 45 or older to make the move. The pay cut is just too great. Back to our regularily schedule gang fight.

7000 retirements in next 10yrs. Pay cut for 2-3 years maybe . I would jump on the chance to get in on this hiring cycle. We all took pay cuts once just part of the game .

Its not worthwhile if you're over 25 unless you thrive in the coming toxic work environment. Better career opportunities exist elsewhere.

I would come here Monday through Saturday and twice on Sunday. All of the flame throwers (myself embarrassingly included, on rare occasion) will be shrinking in numbers and the tremendous volume of new pilots will have considerable influence defining the identity of the pilot group. Just stay on the sidelines of the poop fight and don't let any one group try to convince you to take up their fight moving forward. Take pride in the company but most of all take pride in what you do....it will equate to a great career at AA and more importantly, it will be one you enjoy.

Back to the spirit of the thread. I do not see it as worthwhile for someone 45 or older to make the move. The pay cut is just too great. Back to our regularily schedule gang fight.

WTF are you talking about? Put some context in here. Pay cut from where? Regional: Short sighted. LCC? Maybe, depends on your seniority. Netflex: definitely. Who are you talking about?

gotta love that 3rd lister attitude. All those "sand people" deserve to be junior to you right? But I understand your poor attitude after years of being sh#t on at a US Airways wholly owned.

What I find ironic is you are now sucking up to the very pilots who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire back when you flew a DHC-8. It must be a real treat listening to all the stories about the glory days. Do the Captains let you shine their shoes during layovers?

Not a third lister d-bag.

WTF are you talking about? Put some context in here. Pay cut from where? Regional: Short sighted. LCC? Maybe, depends on your seniority. Netflex: definitely. Who are you talking about?

NJA. Captain over twelve years.

Not a third lister d-bag.

Lets see you turned down a job prior to 9-11 in order to get Turbine PIC time. I wasn't aware that US Airways was hiring between 9-11 and 2005 when they merged with AWA??? Not a third lister yet you were buying PSA uniform items in 2011? Interesting.....

Considering your position I can understand why you make disparaging comments about the west. I'm sure you would love a NIC style integration with three lists.

Last edited:
BringUpTheBird- the toxic work environment is self induced because that is what you choose to focus on and choose to live. Fact is that, as a third list pilot, I have not been subjected to a sour or toxic work environment, from either side, in any way. Every pilot I have met and had the privilege of working with has been nothing short of professional, courteous, and friendly. As someone new to the mainline game and on the East vs. West sideline, the job here has been a breath of fresh air. My prior experience was as a captain at one of the better regional carriers. I'd make the same move again in an instant!

As far as the pay parity with DAL and UAL goes, it's coming. Honestly, I think the money lost in the first year is made up with quick gains in seniority, as time passes. The retirements are aggressive here. From what I see and know, the movement here is quicker than at any other airline, as we have a heavily front loaded seniority list- this was our lightest retirement year and things are already frantic.

The longer Parker waits for pay parity, the more expensive it will be for him. I'm not interested in giving up scope for $. I'll take both later, and that opportunity IS coming.

Best advise I have is make the move and don't look back. Don't take the advise of a "Burn Out", but rather, get your advise from a recent new hire with a much broader picture of what is happening. This is going to be a great airline, and the application process isn't a quick one. The longer you take to apply, the more you will be kicking yourself later for not applying sooner.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back