• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No silly. I still (unfortunately) work for USAir so why would I think I would have any access to AA's wide body equipment? Besides, I'm happy as an FO in PHX for now. I'll take PHL 320 captain soon enough.

Or maybe DFW AB319? When you get your well deserved seniority !

No, he'll be your Capt, and you will do two walk arounds before each flight, one in each direction. Three when it's snowing. Do it!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe in a while when I could hold it but that's unlikely because I don't really want to live there. If I have to commute to upgrade, it will probably be to Philly or Charlotte. After all, I think my seniority will hold it there much sooner. Maybe an arbitrator will see his way clearly to allow me to upgrade straight to line holder there as well. Maybe not. It's way too early for me to get freaked out about it.

More realistically, I'll throw gear for few more years in Phoenix for legacy AA guys who also live local. I'm sure many of them will have more than sufficient seniority to hold PHX CA on the Bus and will bid it in pretty short order.

So what's the word on pay parity with Delta & UA for the New American and how long can one expect to sit reserve?

I made the jump earlier this year from a large regional headquartered in Atlanta. Beyond relieved that I did. Yes - the pay issue is difficult. But the quality of life is better all around - beyond any and all comparison.

I sat one month of reserve on the Super 80 DFW and have a supernumary (relief) line for next month. Don't know what I'll hold going into the holidays.

Make the move to any legacy if given the opportunity and find a way to make of work for a couple of years. There is more to life than money for a couple of years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back