UsAirways/AA pay parity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alg,

It's great that you got the deal you did with MidAtlantic. Nobody is begrudging you that. But if we are going to be honest you flowed through to express with the guarantee of flowing to mainline someday. Just like Eagle pilots are guaranteed a flow through to AA. But until you are able to put your bid in for mainline equipment you are not mainline. I don't think that's splitting hairs. You were not allowed to bid A330, 767, etc because you had not YET moved up to US Airways. Just like an Eagle pilot can't bid for MD-80FO until he/she actually flows through to mainline.

Hey Green, are you allowed to bid the 330 or 767? So I guess by your logic you west guys aren't mainline.

And BTW that "deal" wasn't just handed to us. We took pays cuts in order to get that deal. And at the same time we took pay cuts I was kicked out of the left seat, back to FO pay at the lower rate. Then remained there until flowing to MDA. It s not as if we were 500 hour CFI's and handed a mainline job (or potential flow thru or whatever you call it). The most junior guy to make it over had 5 years with ALG. Most had been capts and ALL of us sacrificed pay and working conditions in order to keep US Air limping along to get to where we are today.

Last edited:
Hey Green, are you allowed to bid the 330 or 767? So I guess by your logic you west guys aren't mainline.

Good news! With today's NMB announcement, that should be rectified soon. :)

Yeah, you'll be bidding the 777 in DFW real soon. Just keep holding your breath.

No silly. I still (unfortunately) work for USAir so why would I think I would have any access to AA's wide body equipment? Besides, I'm happy as an FO in PHX for now. I'll take PHL 320 captain soon enough.

No silly. I still (unfortunately) work for USAir so why would I think I would have any access to AA's wide body equipment? Besides, I'm happy as an FO in PHX for now. I'll take PHL 320 captain soon enough.

So you think APA is going to wave a magic wand and implement the NIC?

So you think APA is going to wave a magic wand and implement the NIC?

I think I'm going to have actual representation for the first time in 8 years. Does that scare you?

No not really. I'm at the bottom anyway. DOH vs. NIC is maybe a diff of 75 numbers for me.

How many west guys are there with DOH between July2004 and Save Dave?

No not really. I'm at the bottom anyway. DOH vs. NIC is maybe a diff of 75 numbers for me.

How many west guys are there with DOH between July2004 and Save Dave?

Then mix in some AA pilots, and it isn't 75 numbers anymore. Welcome to arbitration that sticks, right? And you're still on DOH, huh? Ain't gonna happen Lear for pre AA merger announcement, regardless of what Sulley wanted.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I believe the following will likely be the new rates:

Increase pay rates on Day of Signing (DOS) or Jan 1 2015, whichever is earlier, to the following:
Group I ? A 16.29% increase
Group II ? An increase to match DL 737 2015 pay rate
Group III ? An increase to match DL 767 2015 pay rate
Group IV ? An increase to match DL 777 2015 pay rate
Group V ? A 16.29% increase
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2016.
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2017.
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2018.
First year pay
Increase to $68.22 per hour
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2016.
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2017.
3.5% increase on Jan 1, 2018.
Eliminate Supplement A (the mid-contract pay adjustment).
The following charts illustrate the pay rates associated with our proposal.

12 year CA pay DOS or Jan 2015
Group I II III IV V
$143.04 $216.92 $226.21 $270.25 $280.91

Jan 2016
$152.66 $224.51 $234.13 $279.71 $290.74

Jan 2017
$158.01 $232.37 $242.32 $289.50 $300.92

Jan 2018
$163.54 $240.50 $250.80 $299.63 $311.45

12 year FO pay DOS or Jan 2015
Group I II III IV V
$100.30 $147.51 $153.82 $183.77 $191.02

Jan 2016
$103.81 $152.67 $159.21 $190.20 $197.70

Jan 2017
$107.45 $158.01 $164.78 $196.86 $204.63

Jan 2018
$111.21 $163.54 $170.54 $203.75 $211.79

First Year Pay= DOS or Jan 2015 = $68.22, Jan 2016 = $70.61, Jan 2017=$73.08, Jan 2018=$75.64

Airbus A321

Make A321 flying pay equivalent to Group III
Profit Sharing

Profit sharing plan that matches DL profit sharing plan.
10% of the first $2.5 Billion
20% of the portion over $2.5 Billion
Profit sharing receives 16% DC contribution.
Scheduling

Amend Section 15.G Average Day
Change value to 5:30
Apply to calendar days versus duty periods
Length of Service

Provide full length of service restoration for all furloughed pilots who have returned to active service with new American Airlines.
Amend the CBA to make LOS automatic for any future furlough.
With the introduction of these proposals we will be transitioning to a different phase of negotiations where larger issues will now be in play. As Presidents Wilson and Hummel said in their message??The time to close the gap with Delta is now.?

Regular update on discussions of last four negotiating sessions:

While the above items are our highest priority, many other aspects of the MTA deserve our attention also. The Joint Committee has been engaged with the Company on the following topics:

Occupational Date ? this is the date that your seniority number is driven from. The joint committee has proposed a modification for new-hires going forward to give AA and US new hires similar application.
Company Paid Life Insurance. The joint committee proposed a significant increase in the benefit.
Lock-ins. The joint committee proposed a shortened lock-in for pilots completing shorter 777 to 787 qualification course. This matches the current Legacy US Airways process for A 320 to A 330 transition and expect a similar application for a possible A330 to A350 training course.
Pay ? The joint committee proposed changing the trigger for pilot pay to the cabin door closing/opening versus aircraft movement.
Vacation ? the joint committee proposed raising the max vacation day accrual, beginning at 20 years longevity, from 31 to 35.
P2 system (Required Company event reports) ? The joint committee proposed amendments to the P2 system to narrow the scope of the system and to provide increased pilot protections / indemnifications.
Air Safety and Investigations ? the joint committee proposed language giving the Association codified participation status in all investigations and safety exercises.
Training, Check Airman and TUL Flight Test. The joint committee proposed improvements to CKA and TUL pay to permit those pilots to achieve the same IMAX average of 90 hours per month as regular pilots. Also proposed improved scheduling provisions unique to CKA and TUL.
With respect to training our current CBA language is quite outdated and does not confirm to the processes and provisions of AQP, FAR 117, etc. We will be working on modernizing Section 6 language.
Other areas. We also discussed general improvements in moving expenses, uniforms, Satellite airport provisions, deadheading, reserve, furlough benefits and vacation.
New Tentative Agreements (effective on DOS)
Tentative Agreements were reached on:

Supplement Z ? Terrorism Hostage Sabotage. The TA expands the types of events that qualify for inclusion. Company subsidized Cobra medical coverage provided to pilot dependents.
International Override ? Add Mexico, in its entirety, to the geographic area qualifying for international override.
Post training rest ? Increases the minimum post-training rest to 12 hours (from 10).
Uniforms ? Company will provide the following uniform items at no cost to the pilot:
complete uniform to new hires,
any new/changed Company-required uniform component(s),
epaulets, ties, emblems, wings and braiding as reasonably needed.
Captain hat on initial upgrade to Captain (if a required wear item)
Satellite Crew Base ? modernized and updated to reflect Tablet Computer (iPad) support.
The Joint Committee will continue to work to improve our contract, in both large and small areas, to provide you with a contract that has improvements in not only compensation but the all-important quality of life areas also. We will be providing you with ongoing updates as this process progresses.

Sincerely,

Your Joint APA/USAPA Negotiating Team

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back