• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir's plan...press release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just read about 300 pilots to be furloughed total. Not sure how many on each side.
175 from the West and 125 from the East. These are official, company-supplied numbers. This means premerger Westies will be furloughed whilst postmerger East newhires won't. USAPA is very proud.

175 from the West and 125 from the East. These are official, company-supplied numbers. This means premerger Westies will be furloughed whilst postmerger East newhires won't. USAPA is very proud.

Less than 100 newhires on the East TWA Dude.

Under the TA(Transition Agreement) all new hires after the merger would be furloughed first, East or West. It would be the right thing to do. Since USAPA could care less about what is the right thing to do I doubt it will be enforced.

Got it, thanks. I thought TA meant Tentative Agreement.

There are 105 new hires in total, actually. Not enough to make near 300 in any event.

At this point, I would just be happy to have gotten a B737 type rating worth $10,000, and possibly my old whorely owned job back. If it comes to that.

I mentioned this possibility to my old CP, when he called to congratulate me/kiss my ass goodbye. He said that he was now calling the police to have me arrested for "communicating threats," or some such nonsense.

P.S. I've had my avatar and my signature banished. Would anyone please lodge a complaint about my ratings or flight time? I wish for a hat trick of naughtyness.

hey tweaker is that 105 new hires on the east side or 105 combined? and are you counting recalls or just brand new hires?

Got it, thanks. I thought TA meant Tentative Agreement.

There are 105 new hires in total, actually. Not enough to make near 300 in any event.

At this point, I would just be happy to have gotten a B737 type rating worth $10,000, and possibly my old whorely owned job back. If it comes to that.

I mentioned this possibility to my old CP, when he called to congratulate me/kiss my ass goodbye. He said that he was now calling the police to have me arrested for "communicating threats," or some such nonsense.

P.S. I've had my avatar and my signature banished. Would anyone please lodge a complaint about my ratings or flight time? I wish for a hat trick of naughtyness.

Hey Tweak,
Let me get this straight ....did you want me to complain about your rantings or ratings?????

See ya in the unemployment line.....

Just read about 300 pilots to be furloughed total. Not sure how many on each side. Hopefully oil prices will tank as quickly as they've risen.

That won't help if USAPA crams down a DOH contract, as the displaced west pilots will have about 1300 folks in front of them until they get their seats back. With the cyclical nature of the industry, I'd say that was 10-12 years minimum. :mad:

Wow, that is FANTASTIC that you can print in large letters. I think you will do well in your next career, graphic arts. And, if you think I need hours to supposedly do "5.26 posts per day"---then you are wrong. It's great you did all that math though, you power nerd. Regardless, it is just fun to banter with true losers like yourself. Pure entertainment for me. Thanks, keep it going.

Bye Bye--General Lee
The only thing sadder than an attempt at insult by our illustrious Genital, is the fact that he actually attempted to do so by using "power nerd" and banter in the same paragraph. GL also threw out the "graphic arts" bomb..... WTF? Is that one supposed to be insulting? Really?

General, your patheticness is exceeded only by your cluelessness!

Wow, that is FANTASTIC that you can print in large letters. I think you will do well in your next career, graphic arts. And, if you think I need hours to supposedly do "5.26 posts per day"---then you are wrong. It's great you did all that math though, you power nerd. Regardless, it is just fun to banter with true losers like yourself. Pure entertainment for me. Thanks, keep it going.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Them there are some serious fighting words.........

"power nerd" whew we!

The only thing sadder than an attempt at insult by our illustrious Genital, is the fact that he actually attempted to do so by using "power nerd" and banter in the same paragraph. GL also threw out the "graphic arts" bomb..... WTF? Is that one supposed to be insulting? Really?

General, your patheticness is exceeded only by your cluelessness!

Your obsession with the General is somewhat disturbing.

don't get lost in the "fog" with all the East vs. West stuff. USAir loves to furlough and when nobody is looking........outsource to the Commuters. They did it with the E170. I'm sure they will try to do it with the E190. There are plenty of Commuter dudes that are chomp'in at the bit to fly a 100 seat/115,000 MGTOW aircraft for $75,000 per year. (For the left seat)

If the USAir rates are any indication it looks like there are more than a few mainline gals willing to bite down on that one too.

Latest resources

Back