• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir's plan...press release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard from a friend 250 furloughs out West, I don't know how many out East. If the TA is still in play then the number out East should be much higher. Too bad America West decided to tie off to the Titanic in hopes of saving the ship.

175 west, 125 east.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think in today's environment the old AWA as a stand alone would have been toast.
You mean like Alaska? Ooops, they're small and still kicking. AWA fought head to head with WN for 20+ years which is more than most airlines can say (AHEM,usairwaysrunouttaalmosteveryhubthey'veeverhad).

Hey General, when Delta announces its cuts which will send you in to the right seat of an MD90, or perhaps a DC9, will you be the first to post the press release?

You bet Bruce. But, let's get this straight, I will be in the LEFT seat of the MD90 or DC9, not the right. I have the seniority, and after our SLI, I should have another 2500 (out of 5000) behind me. Can't wait.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You mean like Alaska? Ooops, they're small and still kicking. AWA fought head to head with WN for 20+ years which is more than most airlines can say (AHEM,usairwaysrunouttaalmosteveryhubthey'veeverhad).

Uh...I think Alaska serves a niche market. Vegas and PHX are sorta like the Spirit Airlines of the left coast.

Hell last I checked Alaska still landed cargo 737's on gravel strips up there.

I'd say that's a bad comparison.

As far as doing battle with WN. WN has said that AWA has always been their best customer ( Mesa as an Airlink!?!...what are you guys thinking!?!).

Hell last I checked Alaska still landed cargo 737's on gravel strips up there.

You must have last checked a while ago then. No more gravel strips.

Sad thing is if AWA hadn't bailed out US Airways they would have gone out of business and that would have solved some of the capacity problem right there.

I guess hind sight is 20/20.
AWA "DIDN'T" bail out UsAir.:erm: If both companies did not merge together then Both companies would not be hear today! AWA might have been in sligtly better shape than UsAir but not by far. Investors put up the money and merged the two together. That is what saved the two airlines and the name USAir was kept because it was globally known.

Heard from a friend 250 furloughs out West, I don't know how many out East. If the TA is still in play then the number out East should be much higher. quote]

I don't understand your "TA in play" comment, Deadalus. Would you restate what you meant please?

Latest resources

Back