• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scabs..HMMM I'm not even in this dog fight but I know which side has scabs working for them.

I bet you are one of those who thinks that a scab is one who only crosses a picket line arn't you??? You know, the smartest thing you said thus far is you have no dog in this fight. Run with that and leave this subject alone!!

WD

I bet you are one of those who thinks that a scab is one who only crosses a picket line arn't you???

Actually...a scab is a person who crosses a picket line to perform struck work.

Too many people throw that word around nowadays just over a difference of opinion

Too many people throw that word around nowadays just over a difference of opinion

"Scab" has a lot of definitions. The only labor group that thinks it only applies to workers who cross picket lines is pilots. Ask a union electrician what he calls a non-union electrician. Ask the Teamster truckers what they call the non-union Overnite truckers.

OLD SCHOOL -- who is US Air?

Man you are old school aren't you? US Air died over 3 years ago. The new US Airways was created in May 2005 when America West and our Management Team was able to raise the financing to bring that old dog back to life and out of bankruptcy. The new US Airways was a partnership of East and West, but only the West saw it that way, the old US Air guys figured it was still their airline. Now West pilots are being furloughed at a 30% higher rate than the East pilots. Some partnership indeed.

Wrong ...

US Airways replaced USair 13ish years ago when Wolf renamed and painted everything.

Last edited:
"Scab" has a lot of definitions. The only labor group that thinks it only applies to workers who cross picket lines is pilots. Ask a union electrician what he calls a non-union electrician. Ask the Teamster truckers what they call the non-union Overnite truckers.

Oh BULL!

You spikey haired , back-pack wearing, i-POD listening CRJ flying POS's are the only ones that subscribe to anything but the traditional definition.

Ironically you pos's ARE the scabs under your own definition ... undermining pay and work rules!!!

HILARIOUS!!!

You spikey haired , back-pack wearing, i-POD listening CRJ flying POS's are the only ones that subscribe to anything but the traditional definition.

I don't have spikey hair, haven't worn a backpack since high school, don't listen to an iPod at work, and don't fly a CRJ. But thanks for playing.

Let me guess: are you a USCABASS?

No, but I flew freight before I got my first break in this biz...what did you do?

Perhaps you missed the CFI listed in my profile over to the left.

A scab is any individual or group of individuals that enguage in union busting tactics for the express purpose of improving their own selfish interests.!! Here end the lesson!!

usapa= SCAB

WD.

Latest resources

Back