• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why doesn't WD take a VLA (or quit) if he is so disgusted, and let a junior guy keep his job.

Metrojet

That's funny, MJ there will be no job left to keep as that diease usair destroys everything it touches!! We on the west were done the day management climbed into bed with usless air. Now look back over history and see just who and what other great airlines this POS has destroyed...

WD

Don't forget there are 1700 good guys out west who don't deserve this.

We never deserved it but enter DP and his inflated ego and now it is what it is. We should have worked out what ever was needed to get the job done with ATA and just let usless air fade away. No instead DP had to screw that whore without a condom and now we all have VD!!!!:angryfire

We never deserved it but enter DP and his inflated ego and now it is what it is. We should have worked out what ever was needed to get the job done with ATA and just let usless air fade away. No instead DP had to screw that whore without a condom and now we all have VD!!!!:angryfire

It is your base that is closing is it not? LAS? How is the evil east to blame for this too?

Class act!! Real professional.

Really?? Well just how much more professional you need me to be?? Maybe I should continue down that high road huh. Nope I don't think so it has become to difficult due to scabs ya know?

It is your base that is closing is it not? LAS? How is the evil east to blame for this too?

LAS is closing??? Where does it state that??

TO:

All Pilots

Captain Lyle Hogg, Vice President Flight Operations
DATE:

June 12, 2008
SUBJECT: ENSURING THE VIABILITY OF US AIRWAYS
Dear Fellow Pilot:
Today we announced a series of bold steps intended to ensure the viability of US Airways in the
face of high oil prices that are having a devastating impact on our airline and industry. We have
a lot of information about our plans on theHub and Wings. I’d like to summarize some of them
here and explain the impacts on our pilot group.
Our plan is two-prong, featuring capacity reductions and new fees and charges for services. We
announced today that we will be reducing capacity this fall by another six to eight percent versus
the same period in 2007. Also later this year and into 2009, we’ll return six Boeing 737-300s and
four A320s, cancel leases for two A330-200 aircraft scheduled for delivery in 2009, and are
planning to reduce additional aircraft in 2009 and 2010. We are also drawing down late-night
flying from Las Vegas to 74 flights by the end of the year, from a high of 141 last year.
Capacity reductions alone won’t solve our problems, so we also announced today that we will
launch a $15 first checked bag fee, will begin charging $2 for non-alcoholic beverages on our
flights, amend our Dividend Miles program to begin assessing new award redemption processing
fees, establish new or increased booking fees for other customers, and raising fees for guest pass
and parent non-rev travel. All told, our revenue initiatives are expected to generate between
$300 and $400 million annually.
The capacity cuts, however, mean that we will need 1,700 fewer US Airways employees,
including 175 pilots on the West (where we’ll be reducing block hours primarily as a result of
reducing LAS flying) and another 125 on the East, out of a pilot workforce of more than 4,700.
These pilot reductions at East and West were determined based on current separate staffing
levels and new levels of flying. Pilot reductions must be done separately, under existing labor
agreements and with separate seniority lists, while we continue to operate in the period of
separate operations before achieving a single labor agreement.
We will, of course, be working with union leaders and local management to offer leaves in line
with our respective contracts.

Really?? Well just how much more professional you need me to be?? Maybe I should continue down that high road huh. Nope I don't think so it has become to difficult due to scabs ya know?

Scabs..HMMM I'm not even in this dog fight but I know which side has scabs working for them.

Latest resources

Back