• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir/TA10 Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry I even posted the original question! I should have known it would bring up this tired argument. I firmly believe that these two pilot groups will NEVER-EVER mesh and due to that fact they will never be a viable entity.

Last edited:
I firmly believe that these two pilot groups will NEVER-EVER mesh and due to that fact they will never be a viable entity.
I actually disagree. A few hotheaded malcontents aside when the time comes both sides will act like professional pilots and do our jobs. This ain't the first contentious merger you know.

I actually disagree. A few hotheaded malcontents aside when the time comes both sides will act like professional pilots and do our jobs. This ain't the first contentious merger you know.

This merger has set a number of unique records. Yes, it is the first of its kind. It has hotheads on both sides, who don't know how to listen and work out their differences.

Reference your responses to my responses. You don't listen.

Sorry to be a participant in the thread creep guys. My original intent was to clarify some misinformation.

This whole thread is emblematic of the situation @ Airways. 4 pages of who-saved-who; no commentary on the fact that your management is getting away with a blatant violation of your job protection provisions while a "neutral" arbitrator looks the other way.

USAirways has no leadership, only various levels and qualities of caretaker management. When someone comes along (Bonderman, etc.) who sees the potential of USAirways, Parker will be out and an Iron Fist (Franke,etc.) will be brought in to slam both sides together with extreme prejudice! Both sides do not realize thay are in calm water, but headed for Niagara Falls. LOA 93 will be high water mark in wages compared to what is to come.

US will be the first major to have a cost structure identical to RAH/Frontier.

Two hard headed groups that will get no where until they each come down from their pedastals. I have always been a fan of USAir way back to when I flew for Allegheny Commuter. Both of these pilot groups have the ability to burn that place down. For the sake of the thousands of families that would have their way of life turned upside down, I hope that does not come to pass.

I sure hope the UAL/CO MEC's are paying attention on how not to do it.

Latest resources

Back