• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir jumpseat - "are you listed?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
..For some reason all of the smaller stations I've js'd out of, they prefer you to list via the phone. ROA and RIC are like that

In my previous life, it was my experience that smaller stations, with smaller planes and typically one or two folks doing everything...gate, boarding, paperwork, etc,...want a head-count and bag-count sooner rather than later, hence the "desire" to at least have you in the system.

Sorry you've been having trouble with us. You'll hear the same thing from American agents if you ask for the jumpseat, except it's not just at certain stations -- it's everywhere. They used to make you call their non-rev number and list, but you had to do it between the hours of 9:34am and 7:56pm, except on Sundays when the window was about three minutes. At least now you can list online with them, if you can figure out the website and have a spare 20 minutes to click through the thousand questions. But even if you DO list in advance, the American agent will ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS, ask if you've "MEAL listed," as if you know just what the heck she is talking about. She'll roll her eyes when you seem befuddled, and then spend the next seven minutes typing on her keyboard.

Offline commuting is such fun!

All you guys and gals need to just jumpseat on SWA. We are no hassle, just walk up to customer service at the gate you are leaving from. get your jumpseat approved via CASS and have your passport. YOU must have your passport to jumpseat on SWA, and most ops agents perfer you come on before general boarding starts. That way you can put your bags away meet the capt if there is a seat available you can take it.

All you guys and gals need to just jumpseat on SWA. We are no hassle, just walk up to customer service at the gate you are leaving from. get your jumpseat approved via CASS and have your passport. YOU must have your passport to jumpseat on SWA, and most ops agents perfer you come on before general boarding starts. That way you can put your bags away meet the capt if there is a seat available you can take it.

Been a while, but last time I jumpseated on SWA, after being in the phone queue while transiting from the other side of DEN, they made me continue on hold to list - even though I was standing at the gate with no one else waiting.

I've taken to checking the gate area for jumpseaters at problem stations. It's amazing how gate agents can magically do the "impossible" when they know you're going to wait for them to do their friggin' job.

united is by far the easiest. Just fill out this paper and VVVWALA!!

If you're on an Express carrier. If you're on mainline, the agent has to use WebJump which can be a pain in the a$$. The old United system was great. About 10 keystrokes, 5 seconds and viola, OMC Card.

I'm not sure what this is about since I have many off line jumps who never ever said anything about getting a hard time at the gate with getting a pass. When Mr. or Ms. Delta, American, United, American Eagle and the rest pilot checks in with me in the cockpit they even have a ticket with a seat assignment. If it's full they are always welcome in the cockpit. I'm going to have a stiff drink and go watch the movie "Flight".

Last edited:
I can't believe nobody has answered this question yet. The nonrev listing number for USAir is 800-325-9999. I always list.
spciii

In defense of the Gate Agents...many times you get the people of the persuasion that just " can't understand normal thinking".

Unfortunately, we have laws in this country that force employers to hire people that can't necessarily do their jobs efficiently, but they look real good as a checkmark on an E.E.O.C. form.

I voted early today to try and correct that...

Whine

sadly more affirmative action programs have been signed into law under republican presidents than democratic ones... don't kid your self, there is very little left of the "Conservative" mentality left in the "R" party.

it's all talk to get your vote and then cut taxes for the top 1%.

Latest resources

Back